[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• Hi areq1987, Libreelec is an optimized for kodi linux distribution, not an Android custom rom.

You must

- create a bootable sd card (follow instructions in the first post)

- connect the box to a network and login as root with ssh

- switch from generic box to mxq pro 4k(or the one that works for you)(follow instructions in the first post)

- enjoy/report bugs

• ilmich God, I thought that you just need to make a bootable SDcard, change the appropriate dtb file to the .img extension and run it on the box, but there's also some fun with ssh as you write. Unfortunately, this is beyond my skills. 😔

• Good evening, I have a Rockchip RK Max TV Box. I attached a photo with the kernel, of which I also attached a photo. It's an RK322X. My issue is that I'm trying to make LibreELEC work on it. I'm using the kernel that you provide.

I create the image on the SD card using the Rufus program, and after doing so, when I boot from the SD card, the boot looks like this as shown in the attached video. The file ends up loading the LibreELEC program, but every time I restart it, this is how it loads the files or in this case starts the program.

Once everything is set up, the speed of the TV box is either very good or quite slow. It struggles to navigate through different parts of LibreELEC and takes time to open addons. I must also mention that if I install Kodi on Android, it seems to run more smoothly. However, I encounter a problem because Ethernet doesn't work on Android, while it does work on LibreELEC.

Another problem I'm encountering is that I'm trying to put LibreELEC inside the TV box instead of leaving it on the SD card. I'm attempting to do this through SSH using the PuTTY program and the "installtointernal" command, but it's telling me that it's not correct.

Thttps://ilmich.libreelec.tv/libreelec-11/test/o create the image on the SD card, I use:

If I use the previous images, the same thing happens, but alternatively, Ethernet doesn't work, and the Wi-Fi doesn't save the password. Every time I restart, I have to re-enter the password. I would like to know if this is normal. If I stick with Android, how could I recover Ethernet? It seems that the system is smoother with Android, which is incomprehensible. Thank you.

• Hi all

Did see this thread and I have a question about the mxq pro 4k box, I have a rt3229 cpu and a sv6256p wifi chip who is complete different from others, chinese stuff.

I have made a sd with multitool and this do start but stuck on the licence tekst 17 procent and do not go furter.

The box is in maskrom mode. Did this with software. I did use disk genius to copy image into image folder of multitool but did not work, it little, but it boot with it, all the libreelec images I did try did not boot, so what do I need or do wrong.

** marketing removed **

thanks.

• Sure, here's the translation:

Good morning, I have found more specifications for this TV-box, it's RK3229, with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of ROM.

• Hi keesijp60

I don't quite understand, does your box go to maskrom because you deleted the internal memory? or does it go there on its own, a sign that your internal memory is broken?
    Another question, does the multitool tell you that your box has NAND as storage type? Because in that case, you can't install libreelec in the internal memory, but you can only boot it from the SD card. Let me know

• Hi all,

a new build of libreelec 11 available with:

- mesa 23.3.6 and kernel 6.1.74
    - added RTL8812CU usb wifi driver (untested)
    - various fixes and improvements
    - updated to latest libreelec source (11.0.6)

Some features are missing (like NAND).

My build of Libreelec 11 has some breaking changes that make it incompatible with previous Libreelec 10 builds. In other words, there is no easy way to upgrade your Libreelec 10 setup to Libreelec 11.

Cheers
    Michele

edit: I'm starting to work on libreelec 12.

• Hi keesijp60

I don't quite understand, does your box go to maskrom because you deleted the internal memory? or does it go there on its own, a sign that your internal memory is broken?
    Another question, does the multitool tell you that your box has NAND as storage type? Because in that case, you can't install libreelec in the internal memory, but you can only boot it from the SD card. Let me know

No, I did just delete all flash with tool, and it go automatic to maskrom mode, I had then set a system on SD and then it start, I did try with libreelec multitool what do start but hangs then on 17% on license tekst, I presume this multitool have to installed on emmc/nand to work properly. I read nand is more problematic, but putty ssh can help? I want all system on the box itself.s

The box has a Kingston 08EMCP08 chip there, (nand/emmc) and a RT3229 arm with sv6256P wifi. original android is wiped out, but can easily install on sd card and it works, arm linux multi-tool however do not work, it hangs.

Need some software with kody who works on this mxq pro 4k 4g, but seems this do not go higher then 1280 x 720 or so, the other amlogic I have did go much higher.

After some search I do see that the samsung chip KLM8G1WEPD-B031 in the amlogic box is a emmc.

if I do delete all flash with tool it go to maskrom mode. Means it is dead, but it is rockchip so easy to put live back in it.

I do see on pcb that there is free place for a chip, I have the tools for soldering tht and a ball plate to adjust the solder. that place is I maybe for emmc, but i am not shure at all, boxes are mucho unkwown sources..

Am I right?

regards

• Good afternoon, I think I didn't express myself correctly. The problem is not that LibreELEC doesn't load; it does load onto the SD card. Then, I open it with the SD card in the TV box, and it installs and starts up, loading LibreELEC 20.3 with both Wi-Fi and cable connections working fine. The issue arises when I try to copy it onto the TV box's internal memory; it doesn't allow me to do so. I'm attaching a photo of the startup and system loading of LibreELEC on the TV box, and then the message that Putty gives when I try to copy it onto the internal memory of the TV box. I'm not sure if I can't copy it because it's an unstable system, that is, a nightly build. Another additional issue is that once LibreELEC is configured, it seems to run less smoothly than when executed from the Android system.

• Some update.

I have installed libreelec LibreELEC-RK322X.arm-11.0-nightly-20240218-d7324fb-rk322x.img into the box, and it does

start and work, but no wifi (sv5256p) and sound is very load overload the tv, I can set it lower with the mouse (works) but the remote does not work there, I have to say the original software the box came with did also not work on sound volume buttons.

It has to better to install into the box itselfs, now I did use sd.

here some specs.

But when I restart it does complains about a prevent a repair and wait 120 seconds, then it does start.

The wifi do not work and the volume settings do not work, but for the rest does work nicely on box mxq pro 4k RT3229.

sv5662p wifi chip not supported.

temperature chip is much lower then the 140 degree fahrenheid. The picture is some bigger then mine tv and I see some things are not readable. I can not set higher resolution then 1280 x 720 and that is not hd 1080 p.

• Hi chaconet keep in mind that:

- mine is an unofficial project done in my spare time so basically in the first post you will find some information, but if it is not clear please help me improve.
    - the rk3229 was a very popular soc because it was very powerful and usable even now... this means that the variations are many and even if the images are nightly, I consider them stable on the boxes that I own. On others like yours, I need user support if possible.
    - due to the previous point, I chose to consent boot of my images on as many boxes as possible, which implies that the CPU/RAM is not optimized because some boxes need particular device trees (the supported boxes and the procedure for changing them are in the first post).
    - my build does not work if you try to flash device equipped with nand storage (which is not your case) but on sd/emmc it does. There is no automatic procedure within the build. But you can, after checking that everything works by booting to the SD card, flash it in various ways. This is not well documented because I recommend installing on internal memory only if you know what are you doing.

Said this:

- I'm preparing a device tree for your box (from the screenshots you sent it looks like a clone of the Tanix TX2) which I will ask you to try. In the meantime try changing the device tree following the table of the first post keeping in mind that your box has the ddr3 memory type (which makes everything faster but disabled on generic device tree)
    - if you want to install libreelec in the internal memory you can do it with the multitool (https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12656-cs…k322x-tv-boxes/). The procedure you find to install armbian also applies to libreelec (you just have to use my images)

• Hmmm I gess, pc say 64 Gb on a 8Gb minisd? I get kernel panic sync problem.

The V88 II tv box do work for MXqpro with volume on remote working.

Get full hd, but it crash after some 15 minutes.

The SD card is in a adaptor, I get in windows two drives visible with the same letter F.

• Hmmm I gess, pc say 64 Gb on a 8Gb minisd? I get kernel panic sync problem.

The V88 II tv box do work for MXqpro with volume on remote working.

Get full hd, but it crash after some 15 minutes.

The SD card is in a adaptor, I get in windows two drives visible with the same letter F.

broken sd card? can you please share some logs?

• I have put a log on thread.

The card is working on 64 gig can write to it, I think it is a mistamp, but have a new one

who do give proper gig,s as printed on it.

Update.

the crash I did have was of the next reason. The supply who is with it, are very bad, it contains a chinese chip and it

has no filtering on the in put, this is now allowed in europe. The harddisk box I have for movies, has also such a supply, I get very

much noise on the audio system through usb, I have use a old oc supply and chanage it so I can used it with all mine systems.

I use for movies, inc the present box. Now all is clean, no noise anymore.

So for people who experience crashes or more, the supply can be easely the reason. use a quality version.

regards