Posts by keesijp60

I have set it on a sd card, but when I restart then I get a bunch of errors, looks like disk repair, I see wait for 120 seconds.

then it does start, 9,2 has the same, but after install it internal, who did perfect, I have no errors anymore.

I see that version 11 do not see the harddisks, I mean, it is there because when I disconnect usb it give succesfully disconnected

that drive with the right name. sd cards it does see fine, (use a adapter because sd slot is occupied).

Strange, maybe it is hidden/.

regards

Update, Thanks for the link, it is clearly explaned there, not always the case.

I have start the box with the nieuwer versions, like 12 with beta kodi, this was unstable.

The 11.06 did fine, however I have no remote control, so how do you use these in newer

versions? Also with a keymap, I saw a add on who can track remote codes, I have a universal

grundig remote with a bunch of system codes, can I use these also? The original little remotes

are not so handy.

I have now set libre on a sd card and boot from there, so I can savely experiment, need a little

care because I have not yet gleu the big heatsink, but it keeps the cpu nice and cool on 37 degree

with hevc 265 hd.

What I ask myself, have the aarch64 chip s905w a audio amp on board? or is there a external opamp?.

if so it is very very small. But I can replace that for a big car buur brown high end opamp on a separate board.

thanks for all.

Oke, Thanks for info.

I have bought a universal remote, a grundig, the only thing I need to now is input

codes for using this, You say that there is a hardcoded power on, I have a remote from a

rt3229 box who do set power on, but the rest does not work, maybe this is a nice

one to make a new remote.conf file? that remote do send the right power on code.

I have 9.2 libreelec who do work very nice, I do not now how to boot the box when I have

already burn it to emmc, did try some but box stay dead when a sd or usb card is in it

with newer libreelec.

For me linux is very very new, and command line stuff I do not now much about. I am electronic

engineer so that is much different, coding a pic will just work but this linux stuff, new learning.

thanks in advance.

I can buy a remote who do, because the original do also inpact the setup of mine dish receiver.

RC 6 or so did work as seen on wiki..

Is there not source code for the u-boot firmware? Recompling and use that, but if 99 procent has none, I

do new remote. When it works I can make someone happy with the amlogic box.

Last question, until what version of libreleec does work on 905w, (libre tell aarch64 version 7 or so on 905w hardware.)

In the meantime I have install all, and one of the remotes work fine.

it is also installed now on mmc and do very good.

Did also the amlogic box who I had for some years, but only the power on do

not work, power off is fine and the rest do also, I have all usb, and wifi also enabled

on this box.

thanks all.

Hi all

I have install libreelec on a amlogic box, I had this in in the old stuff box for some years and put live in it.

The remote controll do fine except when I want to power on, then nothing happens, but a other remote from the rt3229

do wake it up, but the rest of the buttons do not work.

I can switch off just fine.

I did read here so maybe you can help me? I have installed a app who can track codes in kodi environment and save it.

But see not a power on setup there.

Thanks.

Hi

I have two remotes, the one from the amlogic box rdo work in version 11, the original one do work in version 10.

So it is question of setup. But I do not now well how, I have putty and windows, but is it not better to do linux and

through putty there? I think I see more. I am a comlete numb with linux.

regards

Okee thank you.

For dac I need only a digital out, it is one output where complete signal is encoded in a stream who

go to the dac. I saw in mine box that the output can do very high bitrates but 48 Khz is al nice, I use most

of the time 96 kHz. I do need no HT because I am building a high end DAC myself, these has a fpdis input

works with a small transformer or other means..

For now, I am in librelec with ssh, but because of mine minor experience with linux this is

difficult, dos I do now, I still remember mine first pc in 1979, with 250 mhz processor and 680 or so memory, and

a harddrive who was 10 mb and very expensive, I did rent that one.

Oke now we are better off. I need to read some things about the linux and more.

regards.

THank you for your help, I see also I have to type less fast, see errors.

The build did work, all did install fine with multitool, and start, reboot, set off etc do

work. version 10 do best, but has video giltches sometimes or tick in sound, just

sometimes not much.

The tv resolution of mine (old) phillips is not hd, but hd ready. so it does 1080 x 720

I think, I did not now that linux do look at that, it has a output who do mention phillips.

The spdif is for sound, special music, spdif is digital, so I do not now if that works with

movies, but I think the cpu will decode and sent it through, the dac is stereo, I have no 5.1

or dolby, stereo is fine for both.

I go look on your link, let you now, I go also look at the wifi chip. For the network, I have wire

the box, and it dowload stuff fine, but I can not use browsers, kodi let see nothing about that,

wil be nice if that works and make this os complete and one of the best and fastest.

regards

Nop, because then I have no volume setup from remote. Only version 10 does work in this respect. But has other dtb also.

Led do burn, the bleu one, but does not get red when switch off, this switch off does not get the right way I think but it does work, I can also switch back on with remote.

Mouse works, but is lighning fast and I can not find a setup to slow that down.

get error when try to log in youtube, but I think I need to input also mine youtube name. In fact I give permission to the box for using mine account.

Nice will be if er was also a kind of browser, so I can go to youtube the normal way, but also for search as I need to do something on the box. But maybe this browser is to heavy for system and is not implemented, tehre are browsers for install though but do not wee them, are hidden.

If I want to a good tv box, what processor can I use best? because tv box of mine kind is 32 bit, and 64 bit is much better.

it needs to have a digital out for using it with the dac.

version 10 do find for the rest, but has some very small gliches in movie sometimes, or a tick in sound. verion 11 has not that problem.

Oke the 9+ versions are not bootable? I did try one but does not boot. can I update kodi somewhere?

THanks.

regard

Ilmich.

THanks for the help, I have install program on emcp memory just fine with multitool.

Version 10 do nice have also a volume setting whehn watching, but 11 do not frespond on the volume settings on remote control.

Can I go to internet also? I have installed broweser but see nothing, somaybe hidden.

All the other builds from you did install fiine and reboot also, no errors. can you explane how I can change the dbt files and resolutions, is this through ssh?

And as last question, what box is best to use, I have rt3229 who is only 32 bit, I need the last cpu from arm who do 64 bit because

much more support, I need spdif, because I am go build a dac.

PS the 10 version did sound very nice, a volume buttons on remote is very handy.

thanks.