HDR on x86 Hardware

• Your CPU is too weak to decode 4K video in software.

I believe that current LE master does support nvidia after this PR. The image has to be built with Wayland (PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 DEVICE=wayland).

• Your CPU is too weak to decode 4K video in software.

I believe that current LE master does support nvidia after this PR. The image has to be built with Wayland (PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 DEVICE=wayland).

I’m currently decoding 4k videos that peak over 75mbit with no issues and never going over 78% cpu usage and averaging closer to 50%. There was a white paper about CPU requirements for 4k hevc I could point you to if you’re interested.

The main factor for CPU’s of this generation being able to decode 4k is hyper threading for 4 core CPU’s. This improves efficiency around 30% for this application.

Thank you for pointing towards the other project though. I find that even in windows Nvidia hardware decoding is extremely buggy. I much prefer software decoding for ease of use.

• I tested at NUC11PAHI5 with LG OLED.

1. The hdr video could not enter HDR mode, but the previous(20211020222733-d3745e7) was find.

2. Still not support 4k120hz. (The built-in hdmi support 4k120hz, tested in win10)

• I tested at NUC11PAHI5 with LG OLED.

1. The hdr video could not enter HDR mode, but the previous(20211020222733-d3745e7) was find.

2. Still not support 4k120hz. (The built-in hdmi support 4k120hz, tested in win10)

4k 120hz is not needed for video...95% of 4k videos are 24hz .

4k 120 is a gaming feature

Edited once, last by Nekromantik (February 18, 2022 at 8:16 PM).

• Hi Guys,

EDIT: I installed the stock LE Matrix 10.0.1 and I am happy to report that my 4K h.265 files play beautifully!!

Excited to try 4K on my "new" Intel NUC 8.

I am sorry to ask basic question, but is the latest standard Libreelec generic 10.0.1 support 4K HEVC 265 10 bit video? I have read and read and cannot find a clear answer.

If no; is there a version Matrix version of this custom build? If yes... link please!!!

I just bought this from Amazon. Not bad for $180... need to add RAM and drive.

Thank you for this.

H.

Edited once, last by hernandito: Answered own question. (February 20, 2022 at 3:57 PM).

• EDIT: I just noticed the OP has a new link/build. I will test that later today. This post refers to the original SMP build linked on OP.

I can report an issue I get using this build (on both my NUCi3BEH systems).

I play a lot of multichannel music (albums and concerts) and often after playing a file with an Atmos stream, when I play one with DTS-HDMA there is no sound output to my AVRs.

The only fix is to reboot the NUC, then play the DTS-HDMA file.

This issue also occurs if I watch a 4K Atmos movie then a 4K DTS-HDMA movie.

• Hi Guys,

I have tested a few 4K movies and they play smoothly. Is it that the NUC is transcoding them and playing them to a 1080p resolution? I have not looked hard enough to determine.

• I have the following problem with 4k HDR movies

My LG Oled48C1 does not automatically switch to HDR mode when I start a movie.

If I switch the LG setting "HDMI Deep Color mode" off and on again during playback, the image jumps to HDR.

If I turn off the movie, the TV stays on HDR. This disappears after I turn the "HDMI Deep Color mode" off and on again.

I tested Libreelec on the same PC where I also did a test with Windows 11 and Kodi 19.3. This configuration works without any problems.

Used configuration MSI Mortar max b450m, Ryzen 5 3400G

• Hi. Just wondering if a LE10 build (Matrix) with the patches is available still.

Tried The LE11 build and it isn't playing nicely with one of my AddOns, Could by PlexKodiConnect or Netflix, not sure yet, figured they are not fully supporting Nexus yet.

Cheers.