Chrome sound issue with USB Dac

• Hi there,

I am trying to get the chrome add on to output sound with my new usb dac connected to my NUC and I am not getting there at all despite all my attempts.

It should me noted that audio and libreelec never worked out of the box with my NUC. However I used to solve the problem by using plughw: 0,3 which redirected the audio to the hdmi output. However doing something similar in this case doesn't help.

Audio setup:

aplay -l output:

aplay -L output:

cat /proc/asound/cards output

Code
     0 [HDMI           ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel HDMI
                          HDA Intel HDMI at 0xf7c34000 irq 46
     1 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                          HDA Intel PCH at 0xf7c30000 irq 47
     2 [AUDIO          ]: USB-Audio - SMSL USB AUDIO
                          SMSL SMSL USB AUDIO at usb-0000:00:14.0-4, high speed

Based on these, and if I am not mistaken plughw: 2,0 should work an an output device. Instead Chrome crashes and doesn't even start. In fact it crashes with anything I try as a custom audio device. Even plughw: 0,3 is not working with this installation I don't know why.

I tried commenting the last lines of chrome strartup (the ones about pulse audio) but it didn't help. I also tried kodi mixer but it is not working as all entries appear to be unoccupied.

All audio apart from Chome works as indented. Any leads?

• After pulseaudio support you have to use ALSA: or PULSE: prefix, e.g ALSA:plughw:2,0.

The plugin crash if not using a prefix is likely be fixed in the near future.

• I wish I had read 'this thread' last night, when I had updated a friend's Libre system to the 10.0.1 version.

Chrome would not launch if 'custom audio device' was selected (regardless of output device, though I was specifically attempting to use the DisplayPort output 0,3, from the same vendor-list of devices encountered by ppkstat).

I will test 'locally', though now I have to wait until he returns from his trip to test the new 'syntax' on his...

• I wish I had read 'this thread' last night, when I had updated a friend's Libre system to the 10.0.1 version.

Chrome would not launch if 'custom audio device' was selected (regardless of output device, though I was specifically attempting to use the DisplayPort output 0,3, from the same vendor-list of devices encountered by ppkstat).

I will test 'locally', though now I have to wait until he returns from his trip to test the new 'syntax' on his...

Don't worry. Use

Code
    ALSA:plughw:0,3

it will work (provided you're using this device).