Supported USB Sound Cards?

• Hey there!

Which USB Audio Cards are (fully) supported by LibreELEC? Doing Media Center things with Kodi. But the RPi has no analog 6-Channel Audio output - So I need external Audio Card. My 5.1 System has to be fed with analog input (RCA Jacks ...) So easiest thing would be an USB Audio Card I think...

Is there a list of supported audio devices or something?

• First Sound Card arrived yesterday:

An El Cheapo noname device. Unscrewing revealed lots of cold solder joints :angel: and an CM6206-LX Chipset.

Plugged into PI4 - and it "kind of" works. Full 6 Channel Output - but after plugging the card in, my wireless keyboard and 360 controller ceased to function.

Looks like there is an severe hardware/firmware issue with the USB Chipset of the Pi4. Searching revealed, that this seems to be an known issue which hasn't been fixed yet.

I don't expect the other cards to perform any better due to the mentioned USB issue. Are there any known 6-Channel HiFi HATs available? Maybe good question for RPi Forums :D

• That's good news, because the driver exists for your new device. :thumbup:

We have success stories for other USB sound cards, but a 6-channel one is new to me. So yes, other RPi forums are a good idea.

Use a fast, blue USB port for the USB sound card. If the issue persists, post a log.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Already packed up the cards for returning but haven't shipped yet. Maybe if I got some spare time on Xmas, I'll try to recreate with logging.

Also tried my luck with an 8-Channel HDMI Audio Extractor (7.1 Surround capable). But got some bad luck here. Will open a new thread for this issue ...

• Please check the RPi PSU for enough wattage, or use a separately powered USB hub. Also have a look at the logs. Generally be analytic before sending stuff back.