Posts by Killom

I'm back again with multichannel audio issues:

Currently on 12.0-nightly-20230918-aaaa788.

Channel layout is OK this time - but even with stereo Upmix all I get is audio from FR and BL - rest of channels is silent.

Then after rebooting, i got audio from FR and BR. Its like russian roulette but with audio channels.

Then again system sounds - like the clicking when changing menu items - will play on FL and BR.

Something is seriously borked currently. Even not sure if this is scope of LE Team. Maybe also faulty on Kodis end. Or Layer 8. Cant be sure :D

Edit:

Checked against Layer 8 issue. FR input == FR output etc.. Wiring OK, not screwed up. So signal input from RPi is faulty which means Kodi or LE. Also same setup used to work as intended back with LE 10 and 11

Edit reloaded:

When setting Audiochannels to 2.0 in system setup, FR and FL working. Everything above 2.0 either the channels are addressed incorrectly / not at all, or the mapping is screwed up somehow. But both are software problems

You could also all request Argon40 to update their Kodi Add-On "Prototype" for supporting the case on LibreELEC.

It is currently not written in Python3 (has to me migrated) and it needs to be submitted for Pull Request to LibreELEC repository, not Kodi ones.

Their Repo:

GitHub - Argon40Tech/argonremote
    Contribute to Argon40Tech/argonremote development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

Write to: [email protected] - maybe you could refer to request 8798 for context.

Quick Followup:

I've replaced the old (x86) _GPIO.so with this one from current raspianOS (64bit) image: (2023-05-03-raspios-bullseye-arm64.img)

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/RPi/_GPIO.cpython-39-aarch64-linux-gnu.so

(rename needed)

Seems to do the trick at least for the needs of argononed.service. Advance with caution.

Raspberry Pi Tools (Team LibreELEC - 11.0.0.0) needs to be updated none the less. Architecture changed to aarch64 with LE12

this basically means weak signal

things that could be a problem

- reception is too good and the tuner can't handle that -> attenuator for dvb

- reception is too weak and the tuner can't handle that -> dvb antenna booster
    - USB cable has problems, USB switch has some problems -> try other cable or usb ports

- driver is not properly working -> good luck :)

Dang, thats a hell of problems to exclude first. Well:

So if i plug the cord from DVB Stick to TV, reception is well on TV - 100% signal strength. So we can exclude weak signal IMO.

Maybe we have too high reception - but I'm somewhat refusing to believe this (right now), because the coax wiring in this house is 50 years+ old. But on the other hand, I have no way of measuring the actual reception strength. So lets skip that for now.

USB Cable can be excluded, tried with and without, on different ports.

Now for the endboss: Driver issues; All other things I've got here for testing this device with, is my TrueNAS with FreeBSD; Because this is the only other device, which could become a alternative for using the Stick on, instead of the RPi. So from what I've got so far is, I need to setup a Jail, install TVheadend and hand trough the USB device and give it a go. I'm currently stuck at "hand trough the USB device"

Bought this USB receiver some months ago, but never got it really working.

There are drivers present for the chipset in LE. Device will get recognized and can be addressed by TVheadend. (2040:b151)

Now the issue I have is, that TVH never finishes any scan. Statistics will show me high "continuity error" rate. When I plug Coax into TV, there is no issue with the signal.

In the past i had an PCTV DVB-S2 Stick (460e/461e) for receiving via SAT - this stick was working fine, but i moved and i had to switch to DVB-C

Any suggestion, where to start the search, why this stick isnt working properly on RPi4 / LE?

Today I've upgraded from LE 10 to LE 11 Beta 1. Im using RPi 4B.

I'm using an HDMI Audio extractor for feeding my 5.1 system with analogue audio.

When the Audio device isn't held active, the Audio Extractor will feed popping sound (exactly) every 2 seconds.

With LE10 this was the case while booting (from POST to Matrix Boot Logo) then "keep audio device active" kicks in, stopping the popping sound.

With LE11 the "keep audio device active" doesn't seem to work anymore correctly. Tried with Official release and with current nightly:

With current Official Beta 1, initially "keep audio device active" is working. But after media stops, popping issue is back - keep audio device active no more working until restart.

With current nightly, keep audio device active isn't working at all anymore. Popping sound continues until there is some media played.

Is there anything technical I could supply you with? Logs etc?

Edit:

Just noticed: Only the "Always" option doesn't seem to work right anymore. When I select "x Minutes" instead, audio device will be held active correctly. Maybe this narrows down the issue a bit. But this isn't a workaround for me - because it only lasts 10 minutes at max.

Hey folks,

Is there a way to achieve audio normalization with ALSA included in libreelec?

I know that there is no Kodi Plugin for this, but maybe this can be solved on OS level?

I'm not this far into Linux to develop this from scratch on my own - I'd need to rely on a pre made solution for this. Am I the first one asking for such feature?

Same issue here, on recent stable:

Connected TV to HDMI0 and Audio Extractor to HDMI1. On booting the picture delivered by RPi 4B is too bright.

When booting without Audio Extractor on HDMI1, the brightness is good.

When changing the resolution or the refresh rate in Kodi video options, the brightness becomes good again until next reboot.

Issue reproducible. Doesn't happen when plugging the Extractor between HDMI0 and TV. Looks like RPi doesnt like devices connected to HDMI1

Edit:

Maybe this has to be split into separate thread

Congrats, we found a nightly bug. /shrug

Current Stable kodi.log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

These also appear with current stable:

Code
    INFO <general>: CAESinkALSA - Unable to open device "surround71" for playback

But:

Code
    2021-12-27 00:15:05.075 T:1123     INFO <general>:     Device 2
    2021-12-27 00:15:05.075 T:1123     INFO <general>:         m_deviceName      : sysdefault
    2021-12-27 00:15:05.075 T:1123     INFO <general>:         m_displayName     : vc4-hdmi-0 ()
    2021-12-27 00:15:05.075 T:1123     INFO <general>:         m_displayNameExtra: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0
    2021-12-27 00:15:05.075 T:1123     INFO <general>:         m_deviceType      : AE_DEVTYPE_PCM
    2021-12-27 00:15:05.075 T:1123     INFO <general>:         m_channels        : FL, FR, LFE, UNKNOWN1, FC, BC, BL, BR, BLOC, BROC, FLOC, FROC
    2021-12-27 00:15:05.075 T:1123     INFO <general>:         m_sampleRates     : 32000,44100,48000,88200,96000,176400,192000
    2021-12-27 00:15:05.075 T:1123     INFO <general>:         m_dataFormats     : AE_FMT_S24NE3,AE_FMT_S24NE4,AE_FMT_S32NE,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_S16BE
    2021-12-27 00:15:05.075 T:1123     INFO <general>:         m_streamTypes     : No passthrough capabilities

ALSA reports devices back with 12 channels instead of 2. Any idea how to identify the root cause for this?

Surround is working now.

Also tried some config.txt options like hdmi_force_edid_audio=1 or hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080 but no luck. I only get 2 PCM channels over HDMI. According to HDMI specs, you can send 8 PCM audio streams via HDMI. Maybe is ALSA the issue? ALSA only reports 2 channel audio

Thanks for feedback.

Had the Extractor initially connected separately to vc4-hdmi-1 but had the same issue. While doing trial and error, one of the HDMI A-D cable broke - so I were forced to plug it in between vc4-hdmi-0 and TV.

€dit:

Cable actually is connected to the HDMI port next to the USB-C - issue is not fixed.