failed to start xorg

• what I can find is this:

[SOLVED] No Graphic Driver Offered for Gigabyte Brix GB-BMCE-5105 - Linux Mint Forums

long story short:

it seems you need a newer kernel, what is in nightly.

and that's here:

Index of /

key in "gen" in the grey box to filter the images for your device

I wonder how you were able to install LE ?!

shouldn't it be: "same kernel, same (driver-)fun" ?

*I* would also check for a new BIOS:

GB-BMCE-5105 (rev. 1.0) Unterstützung | Mini-PC Barebone (BRIX) - GIGABYTE Germany

=> F4 from 2021.07.29

=> "BIOS Fixed : Random Boot Failures issus"

that's might answer my question ... :cool:

DigiBit R1, NUC8i3BEH

Edited once, last by JoeAverage ().

• LE10 uses Linux 5.10 kernel and support for the latest Intel chips/GPUs was still WIP at the time 5.10 shipped. If you update to a current LE11 nightly image from: https://test.libreelec.net the latest kernels (5.15, and we bumped to 5.16 last night) should have support. Nightlies are running pre-Alpha Kodi Nexus but should be fairly stable to use.

• I have an Asrock J5005 ITX board with UHD605 graphics, but I didn't have the boot problem. Perhaps the Brix BIOS/UEFI is being a d!ck again.

Something that is necessary (at least on my board), is that I had to change to a different/older driver:

Create /storage/.config/kodi.conf and add:

Code
    LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME="i965"

Without it, h265/HEVC video won't play correctly.

• Thanks.

I downloaded the nightly version and it worked.

Now I'd like to ask if the add-ons for matrix will work in this version.

Also, is there any way to add greek language? (but not a big deal if it cant be done)

• Most Kodi repo provided add-ons are either available in Nexus specific versions or are Matrix compatible. For non-Kodi add-ons /shrug but most Matrix add-ons will probably work fine. You can install Greek under Kodi settings > Interface > Regional > Language.

• Screen works at 4k 30hz. When i change to 60 hz it crashes.

That could be a software or hardware problem?

Hardware specs says it supports 4k 60hz

Edited once, last by surveyor81 ().

• Screen works at 4k 30hz. When i change to 60 hz it crashes.

Try running a Ubuntu Live distro on a bootable USB stick.

Change the screen to 4K60. If it works then LE has a problem. If not... well, then it's something else.

• I'm running Ubuntu 21.10 on UHD605 with a 2560x1440 monitor with 60hz. It is not crashing.

I know it's not 4K but I don't think it makes much of a difference.

• If it occasionally switches back to 30Hz, then go for that cable approach.

DNB music-addicted finger drummer.

• Hi, I am a long time user of libreelec and have decided to upgrade my hardware however get the following error message:

"failed to start xorg/is your GPU Supported.

My new hardware is as follows:

CPU - Intel 12th gen Core i5 -12400 which has "Intel UHD Graphics 730"

Motherboard - Gigabyte B660 LGA 1700 and states it has Onboard Graphics Processor - Intel HD Graphics Support

Any help would be appreciated as I have just spent a lot of money on the upgrade.