Formatting USB stick back to its full size after installing LE

• It's possible that they are fake. Many cheap cards online are fake.

If you want some help troubleshooting you should put more detail into your posts. Just saying 'didnt work' doesn't help to explain what is going wrong.

• I had a usb stick worked well for years now it is stuffed after libre write. I think you need to be prepared to put libre on the stick and then not use it for anything else. i am going to get a cheap one for that purpose. Is 1gb big enough for the write? I know 2 gb is

• I had a usb stick worked well for years now it is stuffed after libre write. I think you need to be prepared to put libre on the stick and then not use it for anything else. i am going to get a cheap one for that purpose. Is 1gb big enough for the write? I know 2 gb is

bootsector.img

Windows is retarded when it comes to Linux USB's, but ^ download and restore that .img to the USB using USB/SD Creator (or anything else that writes USB sticks) and Windows will magically see an unformatted full-sized USB stick again.

• I can recommend to use linux for that and fully delete the drive (also privacy benefit):

Boot up your linux (even linux live image works), stick in your usb drive, run dmesg. You should see in the last lines of the text when it detects the drive. For example it would write "[...] sdb [...]".

Then detele the drive: sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=4M (where sdb (care about the last letter if its b, c, d, ...) is the letter of the drive)

Afterwards you can simply use gparted or windows to reformat it. I would recommend using gparted.