Xbox Cloud Gaming in Libreelec

• I am very happy with my current rpi4 setup for over two years now. Performance for youtube/ movies/Netflix / emulation was always pitch perfect and vastly superior to something like raspberry os.

Which brings me to something that just baffles me: Gamepass Streaming sucks via chromium in raspberry os for any game that pushes beyond 30fps. Given the vastly improved performance i had for the last 2 years regarding anything video related with kodi/libreelec, why isnt there any interest for gamepass streaming inside libreelec? Or am i just missing an obvious solution here?

Thanks.

• Anything video related with kodi/libreelec may have improved over the years, but running an internet browser within Kodi or LibreELEC is another matter. It's a highly requested feature, but so far many attempts to implement a decently running Chrome/Chromium have failed, let alone support for proprietary software solutions like Gamepass Streaming.

• Entirely from a laymans perspective.. but i dont need the entire browser functionality, just some kind of api for the video processing, like with the apps for YouTube and netflix. Which performe nice even with 1080/60 streams on an overclocked rpi4. There has to be a way.

• Sure. In a corporate development enviroment a product manager would task the Engineering team to create it and it would get done. In an open-source environment like Kodi where all the developers are working in their spare time as a hobby that style of development doesn't work or happen. Everyone is typically fiddling with a small area of code aligned to a personal interest, and very few people have the time or skilsets to take on large cross-functional refactorings and integrations. There have been some serious attempts at a browser, but it's proving to be a non-trivial task requiring a large effort, and for a varied mix of "real life" reasons, previous attempts have fizzled out.