Posts by Peter B

Entirely from a laymans perspective.. but i dont need the entire browser functionality, just some kind of api for the video processing, like with the apps for YouTube and netflix. Which performe nice even with 1080/60 streams on an overclocked rpi4. There has to be a way.

I am very happy with my current rpi4 setup for over two years now. Performance for youtube/ movies/Netflix / emulation was always pitch perfect and vastly superior to something like raspberry os.

Which brings me to something that just baffles me: Gamepass Streaming sucks via chromium in raspberry os for any game that pushes beyond 30fps. Given the vastly improved performance i had for the last 2 years regarding anything video related with kodi/libreelec, why isnt there any interest for gamepass streaming inside libreelec? Or am i just missing an obvious solution here?

Thanks.

Most stress-free option for me was to just create in image of the sd-card with the win32 disk imager. You obviously need the harddrive space to back it up. 20 min to back it up and another 20 to create new if needed. The build in backup software just crashed or did inncomplete nonsense for me.

Using a small Noctua with permanent overclock i can usually keep the temps in the low 50s, but since the latest update i noticed more frequent crashes and one time it got stuck while i was away only to be greeted with flashing temp warnings when i got back.

Had this too a couple month ago, not sure what fixed it from memory but thats how it runs for me: Update the eeprom etc under libreelec settings. overclocked to 2.1 GHz / 750 MHz, 512 MB for GPU, overvoltage 7 (voids warranty), match refresh rate at start and end of video, get rid of apps running in the background (looking at you indigo), limit youtube to 1080p, netflix or other apps with heavy decoding to around 5MBps streams (no vp9). Enter the correct refresh rate for your setup. Now everything runs fine.

config:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes! Was just waiting for your reply! I already tried with the snes9x and ran way much better. It has some sluttering but was playable. Seems like the power supply wasn't powerfull enought. I changed the power supply and now it runs perfectly on snes9x and now runs with slutter on kodi. You were able to run supermetroid on kodi without problem?

So far everything is running perfectly in all aspects!

Thanks to everyone!

Hey. I can run SNES both in Retroarch and IAGL (Kodi) without any problems. Just noticed slighty better frametimes, not fps, in Super Metroid and F-Zero in IAGL/Kodi for some reason. I have the Raspberry overclocked but that should really not be of any importance for SNES emulation. Be sure to have all the latest Libreelec updates installed (9.2.1, eeprom etc)

Hi!

Thanks so much for the help. I updated to libreelec! It was a walk in the park, I was afraid of starting from scratch but the update from openelec to libreelec its awesome.

Retroarch works like a charm now. I just have a doubt. When I want to play some games from Internet archive game launcher, for example pokemon blue, it opens retroarch, but for super metroid it gives me an option of snes emulators that work directly on kodi.

Any idea why this is happening? I tried to make it run on retroarch but I couldn't find the option.

Thank you so much for all the help!

After excessive tests i would stay in kodi for 2D games. Frametimes are a teeny tiny bit better there for some reason. Even with the same core.

If you use retroarch online updater to update cores you will get generic linux versions of them that are not optimized for RPi4... there is no repo for such update, thats why I included the core update in the addon settings, there you download the whole core pack from latest Lakka release for each device (RPi2, RPi4 and Generic).

Understood. Can´t thank you enough. Stay physically fit. (the usual word is censored)

If you update from a previous version the retroarch config file will not be updated to avoid custom config overwrite, so you have to swith to ozone manually but before doing so, you must update assets using retroarch online updater. That way it shouldn't crash.

Also, there is a fix to solve LOCALE issue in emulationstation but just in Generic and RPi2/3, I can not make work ES in my RPi4.

I see, thanks a lot. Also thx for not overwriting the config file.

Will future core-updates be handled via kodi ("download core package in retroarch settings") or will it be possible to update within retroarch itself? Trying to update or download cores right now just gives me visual glitches and forces me to restart.

Thx for the new update on Retroarch. Just a heads-up: For me it didn´t switch to ozone as a default after upgrading. Doing so manually did work, but starting any game or basically accessing any menu in ozone causes retroarch to crash. Had to switch back to xmb via the config file.

RPI4/Libreelec. 9.2.1/Kodi 18.6