What amlogic i have?

• Hello, i bought yesterday a pandora box but i dont know what amlogic is.

I think that is a s912.

can you help me please?

The number in the motherboard is rxj1909-MB-v06

thanks!

screenshots (same than mine)

Edited once, last by Pollostrio (December 1, 2021 at 4:10 AM).

• The name means nothing and "rxj1909-MB-v06" returns zero results in Google so we have no clue (we are not omniprescient or mind-readers). You will probably need to power it on and see what Android claims it is. Worst case you will need to open up the box and take some close-up and in-focus pics of the board with the chip exposed. If any of that seems like too much effort, you should probably stick to Android.

• The name means nothing and "rxj1909-MB-v06" returns zero results in Google so we have no clue (we are not omniprescient or mind-readers). You will probably need to power it on and see what Android claims it is. Worst case you will need to open up the box and take some close-up and in-focus pics of the board with the chip exposed. If any of that seems like too much effort, you should probably stick to Android.

i put 3 photos that are the same than my machine

and thanks for your help!

• Pics show a random circuit board with an assortment of standard connectors; it could be anything. The sole useful bit of info is on the chip under the heatsink. Unless you share that I can only make blind guesses, and I guess your box is not supported.

• I found something: Pandora's Box 3D 8000 Games Arcade Console Gameboard JAMMA Motherboard DIY PCB

The S912 is not a Cortex-A9, but the S802 and S812 are. Anyway, the heat sink is held in place by a spring-loaded strap, so why not take it off to check it out? The type is inscribed on the top of the SoC.

• I found something: Pandora's Box 3D 8000 Games Arcade Console Gameboard JAMMA Motherboard DIY PCB

The S912 is not a Cortex-A9, but the S802 and S812 are. Anyway, the heat sink is held in place by a spring-loaded strap, so why not take it off to check it out? The type is inscribed on the top of the SoC.

Pics show a random circuit board with an assortment of standard connectors; it could be anything. The sole useful bit of info is on the chip under the heatsink. Unless you share that I can only make blind guesses, and I guess your box is not supported.

finally i take it off and see that is a 812

but is very weird because have the same folders and can add games like a s912

i mean, in the sd, it have the same folders (2d, 3d, downloads, roms, etc) but no the s812 typicals

any idea?

thanks guys!

• The type of connectors and components used and layout style of the PCB looks older to me, so I'd put my money on it being an Amlogic S812 device. All the Amlogic S912 boards I've seen use PCBs with more layers and much more dense population of smaller components. Another clue / hint on age will be MMYY or YYMM date codes on components, e.g. RAM chips. There's a 1502 printed on the PCB which would be Feb 2015 which would also align with S812 as S912 devices started to show up in 2016. If it genuinely has a Mali T830 chip; it's a HiSilicon Kirin board, but I think documentation typos (or even the wrong documentation in the box) are more likely.