Raspberry Pi HDMI CEC on/off help

• Hi all sorry if this has been asked before. Is there any option for when I change inputs ( currently HDMI1) on the TV for HDMI cec to shutdown libreelec and then when I change back to HDMI1 it restarts libreelec to keep the temperature down on the raspberry pi while not in use? I cant figure out how to do this so any help would be great

• Is there any option for when I change inputs ( currently HDMI1) on the TV for HDMI cec to shutdown libreelec and then when I change back to HDMI1 it restarts libreelec to keep the temperature down on the raspberry pi while not in use?

An RPi does not restart via CEC from a full shutdown, AFAIK. But CEC is implemented differently on just about every TV. Most RPi users just leave the device on 24/7, the power usage is minimal during idle, some 2 Watts or so. Does your RPi have a casing of some sort, or is it just dangling open behind your TV?

• what temps are you seeing when it is sitting idle? As suggested if it is in a case, get rid of the top and see if it helps. My Pi4 was idling at 60C when sitting in a case. Got a heatsink and a fan, now it doesn't cross 50C even when it is under load.

I'd suggest fix the temp issue rather than have it turn off when not in use