Posts by nokia3660

Sorry I don't know the addon you mention. Here is some additional information about how to install the linuxserver/plex container on the command line https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex vía SSH.

Thanks for the link. I was able to get my local mount successfully added to plex and confirmed that it is retained after a restart.

You set the paths in the addon settings. Keep in mind that the remote paths should already be mounted and you use the local mount point.

I did try it first from the web ui. If I understood it correctly, only folders within the plex container were available to be added as library along with the default host folders for movie, tv and pictures. As I mentioned in my original post, the NAS is already mounted under /storag/NAS, however this was not visible.

I was able to get the mount point added with a new install of plex using the cli commands for the link provided by elonesna.

Thanks for the reply elonesna. I am afraid this is where my n00b part comes in. All I have gathered from my searching is how to start/stop a container and how to inspect it. I have no clue how to install it or what additional params I need to pass while installing it.

As I mentioned earlier I installed it via linuxserver.io addon. Any pointers on how I can do this manually or where in the linuserver addon would these commands be available?

I am a n00b when it comes to linux/docker, so please go easy on me.

I have a Pi4 running LE9.2 and was trying to get a plex server going on it as well. Installing the server as a docker image via linuxserver addon was pretty easy. However when I went on to configure the server I realised that the folder containing my media on a NAS is not listed in the add folder option of Plex. I already have the NAS mounted to LE but have no idea how to get it to be visible to the Plex server running in docker.

With a little bit of googling and manually checking different files on the Pi, I tried modifying the hostconfig.jason in var/lib/docker/container/container-id to add the bind to my folder. I could see existing folder for pictures, video etc. from the host was mounted into the container. I included my folder in the same syntax as them, But when I tried to stop and start the image the whole folder vanished, have no clue what I screwed up.

I could have tried to mount it via cli using the commands but wasn't sure if it would be persistent though.

Any help on how I can mount the folder storage/NAS successfully into the Plex server will be appreciated. Also is there a way I can directly mount the NAS path rather than the mount of the NAS on the host system to the docker?

NAS is currently mounted in LE as : //192.168.1.100/media on /storage/NAS type cifs

what temps are you seeing when it is sitting idle? As suggested if it is in a case, get rid of the top and see if it helps. My Pi4 was idling at 60C when sitting in a case. Got a heatsink and a fan, now it doesn't cross 50C even when it is under load.

I'd suggest fix the temp issue rather than have it turn off when not in use

Hello folks,

Linux & LibreElec novice here. I got my Pi4 this weekend and installed LibreElec 9.2.8. I was trying to measure the network performance between the Pi and my NAS. My NAS (DLink DNS-323) is pretty dated and I could only find ways to get iperf running on it, couldn't get iperf3 on it. I installed the network addon for Libreelec and saw that iperf is part of the package and was a bit relived. However I was a bit disappointed when I ran it though.

It appears both iperf and iperf3 installed as part of the addon are indeed both iperf3. Is there a way I can install/get iperf on my PI?