2 Bluetooth speakers in stereo mode

• Hi.

Very simple question before I start spending money on something that may not work.

Running latest LibreElec on rPI4, can you connect two separate bluetooth speakers and make them play audio in stereo? Like set one bluetooth device as left channel, and other as right channel.

Thanks.

• I am no expert, but I believe that would be dependent on the actual Bluetooth speakers you purchase. For instance, I have 2 Sony BT speakers that allow me to choose left & right directly on the speakers themselves. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shedrock

• Pairing a Bluetooth device to a single audio channel doesn't work. Have a look at the "Bluetooth Audio Device Changer" add-on. Not sure whether it has an option to pair two devices. Bluetooth 5 supports dual audio, so you maybe need Bluetooth 5 headphones.

• LE uses pulse audio for BT output. It is probably possible to pair multiple BT audio devices and configure pulse to send L and R audio streams to the two different devices. However, how exactly you do this is the unknown. There is no HOWTO guide in our Wiki and nobody on staff has muh expertise in pulse audio, and you'll discover it's a complete bitch to Google for hints due to the massive number of false hits on common terms.

• LE uses pulse audio for BT output. It is probably possible to pair multiple BT audio devices and configure pulse to send L and R audio streams to the two different devices. However, how exactly you do this is the unknown. There is no HOWTO guide in our Wiki and nobody on staff has muh expertise in pulse audio, and you'll discover it's a complete bitch to Google for hints due to the massive number of false hits on common terms.

This but it's really not that bad,

Pair the two speakers, create a combined_sink for them in pulseaudio. Then set the volume for each channel independently.

Code
    pactl set-sink-volume bluez_output.30_FD_38_7A_96_7F.a2dp-sink 100% 0%
    pactl set-sink-volume bluez_output.30_A3_45_0B_D4_3C.a2dp-sink 0% 100%

This of course would only work for stereo audio, I'm sure funky things would happen if you wanted to play 5.1