LE10 Intel NUC: suddenly does not detect HDMI audio devices anymore (sometimes it works)

• So, this has been bugging me for a few weeks now and I can't seem to find the root cause.

Starting with the switch to v10 (currently running 9.97.1 Generic.x86_64 but had this with several 9.9x releases) LibreELEC on my Intel NUC8i5BEH2 will not detect any HDMI audio devices and default to Pulse Audio (I've disabled Bluetooth in the BIOS and LibreELEC settings, still seems to be the fallback if nothing else exists)

This happens at random and independent of any Kodi Audio settings or state of my TV or Audio receiver.

With LibreELEC 9.x I had this on a very rare occasion and just restarting usually fixed it, but this became worse with 9.95.1 and now 9.97.1 where maybe 1/20 boots will detect HDMI audio and 19/20 will not :(

I've tried the good ol' process of elimination by going through different device states (AVR off -> start libreelec -> AVR on| AVR on -> start libreelec | AVR on -> reboot libreelec | AVR off -> reboot libreelec -> AVR on | etc), trying to exclude my peripherals from being an issue and by now I'm pretty sure it's not related to tha cable or AVR.

02_System.log also does show issues with snd_hda_codec_generic and snd_hda_codec_hdmi (see log sample below) but that's where my unix skills leave me and I'm hoping some of you can point me in the right directions

My setup:

TV <- HDMI 2.1 cable via ARC channel -> Marantz NR1506 <- HDMI 2.1 cable -> Intel NUC8i5BEH2 with LibreELEC 10 9.97.1

• I mean I have same problem on RPi4.
    I have taken my RPi4 on hollydays and everything was fine and I was use it on my hotel room with BT sound speaker. When I was return to home and connect it in to my AV receiver I see only two audio outputs:
    -bluetooth (Pulse audio)

-dev null output (pulse audio)
    I will check my logs

Situation was same on 9.97.1 and 10

• So, a short update for those that might find this post in the future: I wasn't able to resolve this issue yet.

It was working well when I got a new TV and changed from going through my AVR to going directly into the TV and using eARC to output to the AVR.

My new setup:

Intel NUC8i5BEH2 with LibreELEC 10 10.0.1 -> HDMI 2.1 cable to HDMI 2.1 port -> TV (LG C1) -> HDMI 2.1 cable via eARC channel -> Marantz NR1506

It worked fine for almost a week with not a single issue but suddenly started to appear again a day ago. Libreelec boots up: only Pulse Audio detected, no HDMI Audio Out device. Reboot a few times, maybe shut down and cold boot and the device gets detected again although I have to manually select it in the System Settings again because Pulse Audio was the default on last boot and is therefore considered my last working selection as an output device.