Stuttering due to high CPU load

• Hello

I listen to Radio paradise.flac with the addon Tunein2017.

After about 30 minutes CPU-Kodi is rising to 118% and it stutters only.when playing with mp3 I have not yet noticed.

Is this due to Kodi or the addon?

Here is a Kodi.log

• Must be a matrix problem.

I have contacted Tunein2017 Addon developer who has the same problem with Matrix.

After about 30 minutes of playing a flac stream the cpu load climbs so high that there are dropouts.

Local flac files are not affected by this.

Can you reproduce this?

• When running with high cpu can you:

Check with "top" to see which processes are using cpu (probably just kodi.bin, but check if anything else is significant).

In top press H to see which threads are using cpu. That may narrow it down (e.g. LanguageInvoker is python)

"perf top" may give more fine-grained information about functions where cpu is spending time.

Can you post the significant entries for each of these (e.g. anything about 5%). "perf top" averages so wants to be left for at least 10 seconds to get a more accurate value.

• Hmm. Not too illuminating. Feels like something is busy spinning in VideoPlayer.

But not much(*) appears in debug log.

If you enable component specific debug and enable all categories, do you get anything additional appearing when cpu usage is high?

(*) You've got some jsonrpc messages appearing - are you controlling with a phone app?

• Curious. I tried a debug master build of LE, thinking if it showed the high CPU I could capture a backtrace which might shed some light.

But it's been running (strm file containing http://stream.radioparadise.com/rock-flac) for an hour.

Audio is glitch free and VideoPlayer is showing 0.7%.

I then ssh-ed into home system, and ran the same. And VideoPlayer is taking 66% after 20 minutes.

Maybe it's addons or user settings? I've renamed .kodi so default settings/addons and it's still the same.

I'll need to try a debug build of Matrix.

• Debug build of Matrix was also high cpu.

I bumped just kodi from the version in Matrix to version in master and it was still high cpu.

I also bumped ffmpeg from the version in Matrix to version in master and it has low cpu again.

It feels like a bug in ffmpeg that has been fixed.

Can you test an LE nightly build, which I think won't have the issue?

• I tried to boot the Raspi 4 with ""LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20211006-9fefbf7.img.gz" and "LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20211008-8696f6d.img.gz" which did not work.the raspi only boots up to the coloured boot screen.then the screen stays black.

I installed "LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.0.0.img.gz" again and restored the backup.

• I tried to boot the Raspi 4 with ""LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20211006-9fefbf7.img.gz" and "LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20211008-8696f6d.img.gz" which did not work.the raspi only boots up to the coloured boot screen.then the screen stays black.

Did you do a fresh installation for those images? Otherwise it could be related to the KodiNerds repo, which eventually breaks the update.

• Also with the "LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20211010-4ec2af6.img.gz" my Raspi 4 does not boot.

The start.elf is found (see attachment), then comes the coloured square and then a black screen. That was it.

Please open a new thread for this, because your original issue is different. Make sure you are using an HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 cable (especially if you have a 4K TV connected). Try to login by SSH when black screen appears, and post a link to a kodi.log.