I search Libreelec device with DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 tuner, any suggestion?

• Hy,
    Sadly dead my Amlogic K1Plus device, with i runnig librelec with tvheadend tv server, watch movies with true fps, etc.

I dont find a new one, so i need advice what devices can run latest libreelec, and has DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 tuner.

When can run retro pc games C64, etc thats good too.

I preferred best buy (cheap) solution.

Thanks any advice, regards :)

• I'm in the same boat (ki pro recently broken) but sadly I see that there's no current device with integrated dvb-s2 (I'm not interested in t2) that's supported by libreelec (there's the mecool kt1 but it's not supported Edit: there's also the k5, equally unsupported).

I'm considering jumping ship to an enigma2 box, but maybe some sbc (orange pi? raspberry pi?) can work with libreelec and an usb adapter (the mygica hdstar is relatively cheap but I'm not sure it's good).

Any advice?

• Yes, I keep hearing that, but until my box broke everything was fine. There's no box with integrated tuner currently supported by libreelec/coreelec, but I don't see why an usb adapter (which is older than dirt) wouldn't work. If libreelec isn't an option (though I see many sbc on the download page) maybe armbian would do.

It's a cost/benefit thing (I used another word but it's not allowed): I'm familiar with linux/kodi/tvheadend, so I'd prefer a solution with those components, while an enigma2 box (linux based but with many proprietary parts) would be relatively cheap (50€ for a basic box, 100€ for one capable of running kodi).

• Not really: it cannot do this ;)

Yes, I could do that in the client, but the code path is different and I'd have to devise a different patch.

In that case, the cost/benefit ratio points towards an enigma2 box instead X/

• Yes, I'm a dinosaur ^^

That's why I don't want to go on the roof:

• I'm old and slow
    • I don't want to change a working setup (it cost me a great deal to align the dish almost 30 years ago, when I was young and fast :D)
  • Regarding to DVB-T2 only - I am using 2 kinds of Astrometa DVB-T/T2 USB stick (with Panasonic MN88473 and Sony CXD2837ER demodulators) and also MyGica T230C DVB-T/T2 USB stick (with Silicon Labs Si2168 demodulator), currently with LE 11 Nightly on RPi 4B and all working fine as they are supported yet by Linux (MyGica has a better sensitivity, Astrometa has more features / more possible use cases for a lower price).

I am not using any DVB-S2 receiver.

• Nobody has any experience with the geniatech/mygica hdstar?

It doesn't tune all channels on my LE x86_64, only partially. I only use geniatech/mygica hdstar to move the antenna rotor. To watch satellite TV I only use my old SAT>IP Digibit-R1 which cannot move the rotor. My advice is to use SAT>IP tuners, Enigma2 tuners, or Vbox TV Gateway tuners for LE.

• I only use geniatech/mygica hdstar to move the antenna rotor. To watch satellite TV I only use my old SAT>IP Digibit-R1 which cannot move the rotor.

How do you do that? Maybe I can adapt your solutions to my needs (I move the dish with an arduino and I patched tvheadend to send commands to the arduino)

Vbox TV Gateway tuners for LE.

What's that?

• How do you do that? Maybe I can adapt your solutions to my needs (I move the dish with an arduino and I patched tvheadend to send commands to the arduino)

What's that?

It's very simple, I have a group of channels that only the administrator of the TV server sees, that is, only me. This group of channels, which are very few, are each on a different satellite and are only managed by hdstar tuner because it can move the antenna. The rest of the channels are managed by the SAT>IP server, which cannot move the antenna. Since I can access many TV channels, I don't use any over-the-air EPG but rather a lot of internal EPG grabbers that tvheadend handles without problem.

Vbox TV Gateway tuners: Search the internet, they are IPTV tuners visible at home from DLNA ready to go. They allow you to download the playlist to tvheadend and decode if necessary. I have one 2xDVB-T/T2 for eight years and it still works perfectly with tvheadend. The website is: https://vboxcomm.com

Edited once, last by elonesna (October 19, 2021 at 9:20 PM).

• It's very simple, I have a group of channels that only the administrator of the TV server sees, that is, only me. This group of channels, which are very few, are each on a different satellite and are only managed by hdstar tuner because it can move the antenna. The rest of the channels are managed by the SAT>IP server, which cannot move the antenna.

So, you tune to one of those channels to have the hdstar move the dish then use the sat>ip server to watch them? What if you want to watch the channel assigned to the hdstar?

Vbox TV Gateway tuners: Search the internet

Thank you, I did, apart from the price, I'd have the same problem than with a sat>ip server: I couldn't use it to move my dish.