Permissions problem

• Not sure if this is the correct forum to post in. Newbie to libreelec.

I have Libreelec installed on RPi3 (192.168.0.10)with a external hard disk. On a different PI I have Sonarr installed and have mounted hard disk on Libreelec device with

Sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.0.10/mydisk/tvshows /media/tvshows

I don’t seem to have ‘normal’ write permission to /media/tvshows, I can write with sudo. What do I need to change so that Sonarr has write access?

• I don’t seem to have ‘normal’ write permission to /media/tvshows, I can write with sudo.

LibreELEC itself has no 'sudo', as it has only 1 user: root.

Double-check your HDD whether it is free from any disk errors. Linux normally doesn't even auto-mount disks in such case for the disk's self-preservation. Also dismount/eject the HDD properly after checking/fixing errors in Windows (assuming the disk is NTFS-formatted).

• LibreELEC itself has no 'sudo', as it has only 1 user: root.

Double-check your HDD whether it is free from any disk errors. Linux normally doesn't even auto-mount disks in such case for the disk's self-preservation. Also dismount/eject the HDD properly after checking/fixing errors in Windows (assuming the disk is NTFS-formatted).

The HDD is fine. I have to use sudo on the PI when I try write to LibreElec device

• let me try to clarify - I have librelec on one Pi with a hdd attached

On a different pi I have raspbain and sonarr running (username = pi). Once sonarr has finished downloading it tries to move the show to the librelec Pi. But gets an access denied message.

I have mounted the HDD to the 'sonarr' Pi via mount -t cifs //192.168.0.10/mydisk/tvshows /media/tvshows -o username=root,password=libreelec,domain=workgroup

ls -al on the sonarr pi is

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Aug 20 17:22 'Yellowstone (2018)

I can move manually from the sonarr pi to the libreelec pi if I use sudo (on the sonarr pi)

• Read "FILE AND DIRECTORY OWNERSHIP AND PERMISSIONS" in man mount.cifs

good advice - RTFM ! At least your post count went up.

For those you have similar issues you might need to use the uid and gid options

mount -t cifs //192.168.0.10/mydisk/tvshows /media/tvshows -o uid=pi, gid=pi

uid and gid are the user/group that require write access.

• Do you really expect that I'm able to theoretically choose the the correct combination of uid, gid, forceuid and forcegid parameters needed in your configuration?

• Hello to you all. I have also that kind of problem. I have installed LibreELEC on a PC and mounted the drives via SATA cables. Everything works great except that i cannot delete or make any changes to the files that i have there. I have tried from both my PC Win10 and ftp FileZilla with the same result. Permisssion denied or "Error 0x80070091- The Directory Is Not Empty". Please help me....