No picture and sound via Yamaha Surroundbar

• Hello

I bought a Yamaha Surroundbar today and wanted to connect my Rasp4 via HDMI.

Unfortunately no sound and no picture, so I connected the Raspi directly to the TV again.

Is there anything you can do?

• I have always had these errors and I can't get them to go away. everything works, however. all thumbnails are saved and displayed.

Can you tell me what is wrong?

• Code
    2019-04-11 18:28:41.015 T:3011814784   ERROR: Create - Error creating /storage/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails
    {...]
    2021-08-28 12:29:35.352 T:3011814784 ...

Enable Wait For Network in LibreELEC-Settings.

• I deleted the content of Thumbnails on my server and restarted Libreelic on my Raspi4.

The files with content were created from scratch.

So the error messages can't be right.

But can you still help me with the HDMI problem with the Surroundbar?

• But can you still help me with the HDMI problem with the Surroundbar?

The log looks fine, Kodi/LibreELEC is running at 1280x720 60Hz which seems to be the preferred mode

Might be worth checking and/or replacing the cables, also test without the argon one case (there are several reports here on the forum that the case was responsible for display issues).

so long,

Hias

• It's hard to tell, it could be an issues with cables or the soundbar, pretty much anything.

Might be worth checking all parts one by one, also test if the soundbar works with a different HDMI source (eg a bluray or dvd player).

Also run the following commands, both when RPi is connected directly to the TV and also when it's connected via the soundbar, and post the URLs - this might give us some additional hints.

Code
    pastekodi
    modetest | pastebinit

so long,

Hias

• Could this also be due to my old Panasonic plasma?

I don't think so. It's more likely your soundbar changes the HDMI mode somehow. To rule out this, try a config.txt containing your preferred HDMI mode. Example config.txt:

Code
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080
    hdmi_group=1
    hdmi_mode=4

If you upgrade to LE 10, those settings have to be transformed to a different syntax at cmdline.txt.

• First try to see if you can get the TV working when directly connected to the RPi without all the hdmi_... options you added to config.txt.

hdmi_group and hdmi_mode should be relatively safe to use, but if you need to add one of the sledge-hammer hdmi_force_hotplug, hdmi_ignore_edid or hdmi_safe options it's a strong indication you are working around some fundamental underlying problem (and it also makes the logs useless).

If the RPi can't detect the TV without those options then chances are high the soundbar can't either. On the soundbar you most likely don't have the option to analyse or work around those detection issues (and the soundbar might just disable HDMI output if it thinks nothing is connected) - but on the RPi you can do both.

Use eg "tvservice -s" to check if the RPi detected the TV and what mode it's using and "tvservice -m CEA" to see the list of available modes on the TV.

so long,

Hias

• Da Flex

Unfortunately, the commands in the config.txt did not have any effect either.

Thanks for testing. HDMI modes on both logs are the same, so that part of the pass-through works. Two more tests:

• Use different amounts of output channels on LE's audio settings. Because it's a surround soundbar, it maybe doesn't accept the default setting of two channels (other channels are encoded at those two).
    • Detach and attach the HDMI cable while RPi is running.