LE 10b1 Languages missing in new created profile

• Hello.

I would like to report an error:

I have selected "German" as the language in the standard profile. If I create a new profile without applying the settings of the main profile, the language is completely missing from the list and is not available for selection.

For testing purposes, I simply changed the main profile to "English (Australia)". If I now switch to the other profile, this language is also missing there and "German" is still not displayed.

To be on the safe side, I created another new profile. If I want to set the language there, I only get "English" in the list and no other ?(

My system is a Raspberry Pi 4 with 4 GB with LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.97.1.img.gz and it is freshly installed.

Can anyone reproduce this?

Thanks in advance :)

Kind regards

Tresi

• The profiles capabilities in Kodi are neglected/broken for a long time and need to be removed and then redesigned/reworked .. but it's a non-trivial task with a lot of impact on code and so-far nobody has volunteered to do it. That doesn't answer the question - but hopefuly (re)sets your expectations on profiles.

• This is mainly because you have chosen to create an independent profile, created from scratch instead of copying settings from master profile, right? I am using it this that way too, btw.

In this case you can "install" your prefered language via add-ons individually for any profile. Works for me without problems.

• chewitt: Thanks for the information, even if it doesn't sound good. But good to know.

BallerShotCaller: Interesting! There are really all languages listed to choose from except the one in the main profile. I can actually reinstall them under Addons->Languages and they will be there again and work. During the installation, the message "German Language updated" appears.

I would never have thought of that, as otherwise all languages are available for selection. But now it fits :)

The issue is closed for me. Thanks for the quick help.