Rasp Pi 4 impossible to see hard drive from internet box

• Hi,

I've installed Libre Elec v9.52 on a Raspberry Pi 4.

I cannot see a USB flash drive plugged on my Internet box through KODI 19, although I do see the USB drive through my Windows computer and from my Android smartphone.

I tried several adresses, but no one is recognized.

On the files manager (or from whatever Images, Videos module):

test 1

SMB : nothing is listed

test 2

Add new source:

SMB procotol: \\192.168.1.1

or just 192.168.1.1

or \\192.168.1.1\boxcleusb (shared folder name)

error: "software caused connection abort"

test 3

Add new source:

UPnP protocol [same tests than SMB]

error: "impossible to connect [...]"

Sorry for the approximative translation of items. I run a French version of Kodi ;)

Any help please?

Thank you!!

• Internet box ?

Do you mean Router ?

Maybe your router does not accept SMB2/3 connections

smb://192.168.1.1/boxcleusb should work if your router accepts SMB 2 & 3

• Thank you for your help.

Internet "box" is indeed the name of the router as called by the Internet providers.

It seems my router may not accept SMB 2 or 3.

I forced SMB 1 in KODI settings, but without any effect.

How is it possible to get into the router shared folder through Windows 10 computer, and not with LibreElec OS, though? Is it ony a matter of SMB version?

• Exactly how did you "force" SMB 1 in KODI settings ?

Did you use backslashes or forward slashes after smb: ?

SMB 2 & 3 do not allow you to "browse" for folders. You must enter complete paths

• Official Post

If you set min SMBv1 and max SMBv3 in Kodi it will default to SMBv2 and you won't connect. Forcing requires min/max SMBv1 to be set.

• This is exactly what I have set though (forcing min/max to SMB1).

I tried to set path using backslashes or slashes, without any success...

I forgot to say, with previous KODI version (18.x), I succeed to reach my USB flash drive connected to the router. That's why, I may missing something here...

• What do you mean by NONE? In the SAMBA settings, there is only the choice between SMB1, 2 or 3 (for min and max).

However I just tried to activate the router's media center service (in addition to files sharing). And now, through the UPnP protocol in KODI I can see my USB flash drive!!!

• What do you mean by NONE? In the SAMBA settings, there is only the choice between SMB1, 2 or 3 (for min and max).

However I just tried to activate the router's media center service (in addition to files sharing). And now, through the UPnP protocol in KODI I can see my USB flash drive!!!

You should also have "none" option..are you changing the samba settings from kodi system settings on from LE addon?You should play from kodi settings..