Hidden WiFi

• Hi everybody

I have a "funny" situation: my wifi network is hidden (we can discuss on it but I will not change it... ) and it is configured correctly on my rasp P1 with LibreElec at the last rel (7.0.2). Today I bought rasp P3 B and installed the same versiont of my P1 and... I can't see my network and I don't remember done something special to configure it on the old one: where I'm missing? Another question: is possibile to configure wifi to use 5ghz (i'm using integrated wifi chipset on P3 B ) ?

thx for all

• Hi everybody

I have a "funny" situation: my wifi network is hidden (we can discuss on it but I will not change it... ) and it is configured correctly on my rasp P1 with LibreElec at the last rel (7.0.2). Today I bought rasp P3 B and installed the same versiont of my P1 and... I can't see my network and I don't remember done something special to configure it on the old one: where I'm missing? Another question: is possibile to configure wifi to use 5ghz (i'm using integrated wifi chipset on P3 B ) ?

thx for all

I THINK, if you setup two ssid's on your router, devices should see them as individuals, at the moment, it is probably auto. give both different names.

• I THINK, if you setup two ssid's on your router, devices should see them as individuals, at the moment, it is probably auto. give both different names.

Alreadydone, but the system see only the 2.4 Ghz network
    [hr]

Hi everybody

thx for all

I tried to use all other kodi "distribution" and i have still the same problem... My Network, hidden or not, still invisible.... Now... I think to a bullshit: could it depends on security is set on WEP ?

Edited once, last by DiecoTheBxxst (November 11, 2016 at 10:10 PM).

• You might be able to connect if you unhide the network temporarily, connect to create/cache the connman service file, then rehide the network?

connmanctl
    agent on
    scan wifi
    services
    connect <string for your wifi>

NB: The security benefits of hidden WiFi are zero because periodic re-authentications made by connected devices in normal use leak the SSID to anyone with a network sniffer/cracking app and WEP security will inconvenience the same cracking app for no more than 300 seconds. Hacking your network is kindergarten stuff for any security researcher or script kiddie with a copy of Kali Linux. WPA2 is considered secure; so use it.

• NB: The security benefits of hidden WiFi are zero because periodic re-authentications made by connected devices in normal use leak the SSID to anyone with a network sniffer/cracking app and WEP security will inconvenience the same cracking app for no more than 300 seconds. Hacking your network is kindergarten stuff for any security researcher or script kiddie with a copy of Kali Linux. WPA2 is considered secure; so use it.

I agree with you in all, but unfortunally i have to set wep for old device and hidden ssid is better than nothin... Anyway, maybe i found my problem: ch 13. Is there's any way to change pi settings (I've notice that raspi-config doesn't t exist)?
    [hr]

Read the specifications of the RPi3 and you'll have your answer.

helpfull! thx for the brillant message! i'm going to find information that i haven't still found....

Edited once, last by DiecoTheBxxst (November 14, 2016 at 10:23 PM).

• Hiding is nonsense. The simplest tools to download show all wifi, also the hidden ones.
    So it is just a method to make your net more interesting than the others to hackers and script kiddies.