Composite Video in LE10 on RPi4

• Hi there,

I've been using my Raspberry Pi 4 4GB with LE9 connected to an old crt tv for some time by adding enable_tvout=1 to the config.txt. That doesn't seem to be working in the beta2 of LE10 or the latest nightly, the pi shows the rainbow screen on startup, but then just a black screen. I've seen some other posts that mention using a commandline file to set video options in LE 10, but I'm not sure how to set that up with composite video. Basically, am I configuring things wrong, or have I run into a bug in the beta?

• Composite video output isn't fully implemented yet in the new graphics driver.

Some initial support was recently included in the RPi kernel but these changes aren't available in LibreELEC builds yet - the latest RPi kernels introduced some regressions and we are waiting for these to be fixed before we include the update in LE.

so long,

Hias

• Okay, thanks for the response! I'll stick with LE9 for now. What's the best way to keep up with the changelogs for LE10 so I can see when composite support is added?

• You can follow the master branch on github GitHub - LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI or the LE release posts.

If RPi kernel is bumped to 5.10.30 or newer it'll have the initial composite patches.

But note that the composite change is pretty new, probably incomplete and/or needs additional configuration - I haven't tested that myself yet (my TV doesn't have analog video inputs so I have to leave that to someone else).

so long,

Hias