Posts by moehoward

ghtester After some testing, audio_pwm_mode=2 sounds better but every 7 seconds the audio cuts out for a second then comes back, this repeats indefinitely. After careful listening, audio_pwm_mode=1 works fine actually (seems the humming/buzzing may be related to what you noted about grounding or power and reseating the connectors may have helped?). However, after continuous listening to different movie playback, it appears there is some low frequency rumbling going on when audio is playing--at least that was the case for the movies I tested with and they were 720p quality. At this point, going to stick with how things are as this is going to be running on a Pi 4 in our SUV and this SUV has the ability to accept Bluetooth audio, so will be trying that out in the near future as it appears Pi 4 can send audio over Bluetooth but this is a battle for another day. Thanks again!

Update: That low rumbling noise on playback was my mistake, I had Kodi's "Volume Amplification" maxed out where it should have been like 8-`10 dB:

Once I had adjusted this, the sounds was very good! Nice! Thanks again for all the awesome support all.

Hias, Thank you for your time and effort. I am getting better results now. Ok, as noted in my original post, the Red RCA plug buzzes when plugged in? Turns out that the buzzing was the video signal. So when I plug the Red cable into the Video (Yellow) socket of the TV, I got VIDEO but no sound when plugging in the white and yellow into the remaining white and red RCA sockets. So I got out my multimeter to confirm my 4-pole jack and did some research, seems that this is what is the coloring/standard Raspberry PI follows (note pin #4 closest to the body of the jack):

and this is how my cable is colored (Yellow and Red are swapped):

So Red plug rather than Yellow for the video signal, no big deal. But any clues as to why I don't get any audio? No audio from Kodi's menu navigation sounds nor when playing a movie. I toned out the other RCA plugs (white and yellow) and ground pin, they all consistent--just minor color difference in Video.

Here are my edits noted in bold red text:

distroconfig.txt (complete file contents)

# WARNING: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - IT WILL BE OVERWRITTEN WHEN UPGRADING!

arm_64bit=1

kernel=kernel.img

dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-512,composite=1

dtoverlay=rpivid-v4l2

dtoverlay=

disable_overscan=1

disable_fw_kms_setup=1

config.txt (file excerpt)

# Don't send initial active source message.

# Avoids bringing CEC (enabled TV) out of standby and channel switch when

# rebooting.

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

enable_tvout=1

cmdline.txt (complete file contents)

boot=UUID=3010-5350 disk=UUID=a8e8a687-3b0f-472c-a2e4-3e8c903fd088 quiet video=Composite-1:720x480@60ie

Side Note: This is an awesome site for posting images and general editing of forum posts, very modern and easy to get the formatting and layout one would need.

Hello @Hias,

I'm having the same issue as saidsoftly (R PI 8GB with LE 10) and tried your suggestion but it didn't work. In my case, I get a black screen and the red RCA line causes buzzing on the TV. What's more, your note about, (on the same line after "quiet"), there isn't such a line for me in the config file under /flash/config.txt. Am I updating the wrong config.txt file?

Thanks,

Moe