Question about video size on screen (Raspberry Pi 4b) (LE10)

• Hi guys,

I have LibreELEC 10 beta running on my Raspberry Pi 4b (4GB). I'm running the latest Nightly every day.

I have a couple of 4K UHD rips on my NAS which I playback on my Optoma 4k UHD35 beamer.

Several video's output differently on screen, while the Kodi UI is calibrated perfectly.

Some video's need a positive zoom and some video's need a negative zoom to fill the projection screen edge to edge.

I apologize for my n00b description but I guess you'll get what I'm saying.

How is this possible? Why aren't the video's filling the screen correctly? Any idea's?

Cheers,

Rob

• Please post photo's of what you mean.

All I can think of is the fact some movies are 16:9 vs 21:9. You really shouldn't touch the kodi GUI calibration at all and instead use the display's picture options to "fill" the screen ("HD mode", "just fit", etc).

• Also, if calibration is used, as far as I know it is only applied for the resolution that is in use at that time. So if applied to the UI, it would not apply to videos which were using a different resolution. If you do need to apply calibration to videos then you should apply it while displaying a video which has problems with the default setting.