Best (cheapest) box for Libreelec Kodi

• It doesn't have to have Android but it does have to be an android box (media player with remote). I simply want a normal player where I will install Libreelec and use only that. I will not use Android but I do not want RPi or anything like that, I want android box.

Makes no sense to me. If you don't need Android, then hardware specs and open source support are everything that counts.

• Btw if you search for a box you need to know if you want something that works somehow right now and never needs an update or you want something that actually gets proper support.

A "popular" choice for the latter is for example the Allwinner (H6) Tanix TX6. Cheap and properly supported.

A crappy remote and a low quality power supply is always included regardless what box you buy ;)

• I Would Use A pi 4 Model B But i am currently using A pi zero And a Pi 400 Board in a 3d printed Case my pi zero has a hannaspree Moniter From 2011 (i think) with creative Speakers And a gotega External dvd reader for bluerays with a enter hub on an ikea shelf I also Used:

Remote

Box

Screen

Hub

Speakers

Dvd Reader

Thats How i would do it (And i would reccomend)

• Btw if you search for a box you need to know if you want something that works somehow right now and never needs an update or you want something that actually gets proper support.

A "popular" choice for the latter is for example the Allwinner (H6) Tanix TX6. Cheap and properly supported.

A crappy remote and a low quality power supply is always included regardless what box you buy ;)

Unfortunately all new so called Tanix TX6 in the shops now do not have the H6-chip anymore. They have a new chip named H616 which is not compatible with LibreELEC at all. Do not buy any new Tanix TX6!

For Anyone looking for a cheap device I can recommend at the moment the Gotit Arm S905-Box: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/325680287…o2usa4itemAdapt with Amlogic S905w.

The 1GB8GB-Version works out of the box with the old LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img, and the dtb and remote.conf attached.

The S905w supports video decoding only up to 5K@30fps, enough for most 4KUHD sources. HDR working.

• Unfortunately all new so called Tanix TX6 in the shops now do not have the H6-chip anymore. They have a new chip named H616 which is not compatible with LibreELEC at all. Do not buy any new Tanix TX6!

For Anyone looking for a cheap device I can recommend at the moment the Gotit Arm S905-Box: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/325680287…o2usa4itemAdapt with Amlogic S905w.

The 1GB8GB-Version works out of the box with the old LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img, and the dtb and remote.conf attached.

The S905w supports video decoding only up to 5K@30fps, enough for most 4KUHD sources. HDR working.

Strange recommendation for old hardware and software and recent reviews on ali also mentioning LE... :/