Issues on Beta 1 with X86

• Hi,

Having a couple of issues with LE 10 after upgrading on my x86 HTPC (ASRock J4105-ITX).

1. After watching a video the menu sounds don't always work. "Play GUI sounds" is set to the default option of "Only when playback is stopped", and was working fine previously on 9.2.6. It appears to be random and not related to a specific file or source tec.

2. When watching some videos over NFS, the screen goes blank/black, and when the video returns its jerky. With the debugging overlay enabled FPS is 59.5 & 60.5 before the screen goes blank and after its closer to 30 and 40 FPS. With my untrained eye its looks like the error message "CLinuxRendererGL::UpdateVideoFilter - chosen scaling method 12, is not supported by renderer" is part of the problem.

Logs attached:

Paste.ee - LibreELEC logs

Thanks

• Have done a bit more testing with regards to issue #2. The problematic Video is 1080p 25Hz, and I don't have an option to whitelist this resolution. By default my GUI is set to 1080p 60Hz. When I set the GUI to 1080p 50Hz the video plays back fine and shows a static 50 FPS in the log overlay.

• I've got "Adjust display refresh rate set" to "On start/stop" and I don't have an option in the GUI to whitelist 1080p 50hz. Have tried a second 1080p 25hz file and it's also not triggering the change in refresh rate for the TV.

Have enabled "Allow double refresh rates" and the TV is now switching to 50hz mode. Haven't had a chance to watch a 25hz video yet but fingers crossed that fixes the problem.

Still having the issue with audio.

Edited once, last by PANiCnz: Merged a post created by PANiCnz into this post. (March 27, 2021 at 1:25 AM).

• Also, is there any way to get VAAPI Motion Compensation and Motion Adaptive interlacing options back? After the upgrade to 10 b1 I'm limited to Deinterlace and Bob, which are horrible for live sport.

• You can force the older intel i965 drivers by creating /storage/.config/kodi.conf:

Code: /storage/.config/kodi.conf
    MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=i965
    LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=i965
  • I needed to add the 2nd line to a kodi.conf file on my J5005 Gemini Lake board for HEVC files to play properly. Also had to export the variable in Ubuntu 20.04 (in .profile) to run things properly in Kodi 19.

Not sure I still need that 1st line though, as it seems to work okay without it

• Good to hear. Yeah, I've always used "Best Match" in the past with no problems.

Just to add confusion, "Best Match" still works with the latest nightlies on my older HTPC (HP 300-230 i3), but that has Realtek audio

hardware. Probably a driver issue? Oh well, it's working fine now, so I'm happy.

• Any idea what the pros and cons are with the older drivers versus the new ones?

New Intel hardware e.g. Tiger Lake, Rocket Lake is only supported by the new media-driver.

For Gemini Lake and older I recommend to stay with "legacy" intel-vaapi-driver, at least for now:

Code
    LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=i965

On Gemini Lake VP9 10-bit videos don't play when using the new media-driver. I reported the issue here.

• I think going back to the i965 drivers has also fixed the menu sounds (might be speaking too soon). But I put Kodi back to "Best Match" and the menu sounds are behaving as expected.

• I think going back to the i965 drivers has also fixed the menu sounds (might be speaking too soon). But I put Kodi back to "Best Match" and the menu sounds are behaving as expected.

Scratch that, old drivers made no difference. Back to "Fixed" in order to get menu sounds.