LibreELEC-RR [ Brave | Spotify | Moonlight | Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus ]

• to be honest, I think it might be trying to use that by default, but I will try your new image, thanks for the speedy fix!

Well since was RVZ was introduced last year Add support for the WIA and RVZ disc image formats by JosJuice · Pull Request #8538 · dolphin-emu/dolphin · GitHub I guess you've compressed your images lately? Because I use GCZ as format and had never a single problem to load any game. Anyway it should be fixed, at least I've recompressed an image & it works now.

• I guess you use a RPi4? Well I don't own one to test these boards & it might be related to [BUG] Moonlight-qt HEVC decoding on latest RPi-kernel looks tiled on Pi4 · Issue #630 · moonlight-stream/moonlight-qt · GitHub

Anyway I guess the best solution would be to create an issue and report it straight to the moonlight-qt dev :/

• Hi Cillit, next weekend i'll test the new Build, i couldn't make it before, and give some feedback.

• Hi there,

I don't think this is a moonlight issue. I did a little bit of research in the forum and it seems like the global resolution is now configured with cmdline.txt, which also has a new syntax. I tried different options, but had no sweeping succuess, yet.

I tried

Code
    video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080@60D

and

Code
    drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080D

but it didn't work. A hint from this thread:

SB9x
    July 31, 2021 at 5:21 PM

made me try:

Code
    drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/1920x1080.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D

This finally worked, no more tearing and exellent streaming quality, but it killed CEC and HDMI audio, also the picture is slightly darker.

Maybe there is a better solution.

Edit: Yes its a Rpi4.

Edited once, last by Cillit (August 21, 2021 at 4:13 PM).

• Hi there,

I don't think this is a moonlight issue. I did a little bit of research in the forum and it seems like the global resolution is now configured with cmdline.txt, which also has a new syntax. I tried different options, but had no sweeping succuess, yet.

Hi Cillit, i've checked, yes, you're correct, while i could follow the guide on the Wiki and force Kodi into the desired resolution, Moonlight (and probably the QT apps) doesn't respond to this forced res.
    Also can confirm on the streaming glitch.
    Didn't tried on your (somewhat) working method, and i'm short of time to try right now but you've narrow a lot of options. :-S

• Hi,

i have done a clean install of 10RC1. I have connected a Logitech K380 Bluetooth Keyboard using "Trust and Connect".

I found the following problems:

- Sometimes after clicking "Trust and Connect" Kodi (not LibreELEC) performs a restart.

- After every restart, the connection is lost until I start the discovery on the keyboard and click connect in the LibreELEC Bluetooth menu.

- If i use "Pair" from the LibreELEC Bluetooth menu, the following window prompts me to press Keys witch aren't shown.

I hope you can help me.

Hendrik

• Just wanted to say a big thanks for this build! Been trying to get various combinations of RetroPie/Kodi/RetroPlayer to play nicely together and this just makes the whole thing easier. Plus PCSX-rearmed actually works in this build which it doesn't on the standard Kodi 19 build. Great work!

One quick question. How do I set the resolution of RetroArch? it's defaulting to 4k and the output options seem to have been disabled or some such.

EDIT... found this in the wiki.

Home · SupervisedThinking/LibreELEC-RR Wiki · GitHub's-&-Configuration#x-set-custom-rpi4-kms-resolution

I've checked the wiki and used the RR-Config app to configure audio, but it doesn't matter if i use ALSA or PA, no audio works in retroarch.

I've also noticed now that no audio us working on rpi4 via retroarch. it looks like the audio driver cannot load.

Edited 3 times, last by domb84 (August 28, 2021 at 11:01 PM).

• Hi,

I've just set up a brand new NUC with a Tiger Lake CPU/iGPU (1165g7) and I'm not having much luck with anything that requires GL graphics.

glxinfo provides:

name of display: :0.0

Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

I found this: https://forum.libreelec.tv which I thought might have something to do with the solution, so I compiled LE RR 10 from source with 5.11.22 but still the same issue.

I'll keep trying at it but thought I'd point out the issue and see if there's something simple that I might be overlooking?

Thanks

• Hi glennguy the 5.10 LE works (ish) Though there are issues until you get to 5.12. I am running 5.14 on my NUC11 - though not doing any RR stuff. 5.14 will PR to nightly shortly, and there are a number of intel and mesa updates in nightly.

• Well I guess I have to enable the midi sequencer kernel module for RPi too :/

Anyway I'm currently updating packages & rebased on latest LE10.0 with some kernel bumps, will upload updated packages in the next days.

• I'll keep an eye out on upstream and try the master branch in RR with 5.12/13/14 and report back.

I've tried building from SupervisedThinking/master-rr-westmere which is running media-driver 21.3.1 and mesa 21.2.1 but no luck, same issue.

Also tried updating kernel to 5.12.19 but I ran into a bunch of issues with the packages. Fixed some but got stuck on getting crazycat to build.

• Just download the .tar file stored in testing, copy it to the update folder & reboot your RPi4

Have updated to the latest build and there's still no audio with ALSA or Pulseaudio on the RPI4 within retroarch. All emulators show the same error:

ALSA

Code
    [ERROR] [ALSA]: Failed to initialize...
    [ERROR] Failed to initialize audio driver. Will continue without audio.

Pulse

Code

The rr-config tool seems to have no effect on anything. The retroarch settings remain unchanged after I switch from alsa to pulse and vice versa using the RR config tool.

• Have updated to the latest build and there's still no audio with ALSA or Pulseaudio on the RPI4 within retroarch. All emulators show the same error:

ALSA

Code
    [ERROR] [ALSA]: Failed to initialize...

Pulse

Code

The rr-config tool seems to have no effect on anything. The retroarch settings remain unchanged after I switch from alsa to pulse and vice versa using the RR config tool.

Well I need a full log & not a single sniplet. Beside that did you enable the addon? Since it works on all other platforms flawless its the usual RPi4 b$&%/%&t/shenanigans & since I do not own I'm digging in the deep especially since it worked in the past on RPi4 too.