depmod ERROR and message-box backup

• Hello,

just compiled the actual version "devel-20210309113011-c9205b6" and at startup-screen following message is shown:

depmod: ERROR: fstatat(5, nvidia.ko): No such file or directory

A second observation I did was that, if I backup my setting with LibreElec-addon, the MessageBox, showing the progress is only shown for some milliseconds and then disappears. The backup is done properly.

Best regards,

DDuck007

• just compiled the actual version "devel-20210309113011-c9205b6" and at startup-screen following message is shown:

depmod: ERROR: fstatat(5, nvidia.ko): No such file or directory

Do you see the same error with latest nightly from Index of /?

A second observation I did was that, if I backup my setting with LibreElec-addon, the MessageBox, showing the progress is only shown for some milliseconds and then disappears. The backup is done properly.

This is already fixed in LibreELEC-settings repo, you can test with Testing LibreELEC-settings addon · Issue #4547 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

• Using the "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0-nightly-20210310-c251d61" the error does not appear - not sure what happened when building - did a complete rebuild to exclude issues on my side:

- make distclean

- PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make image (took some hours ;) ...)

==> will try a new "git pull" and build again today

This is already fixed in LibreELEC-settings repo, you can test with Testing LibreELEC-settings addon · Issue #4547 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

===> Ahhh ok - Thank you!

• ... think I got it:

Re-compile with DRIVER_ADDONS_SUPPORT="no" (actual config on github) leads to Kodi not starting with FATAL: addon script.program.driverselect missing.

Compiling with DRIVER_ADDONS_SUPPORT="yes" Kodi will start but with above mentioned depmod: ERROR: ...

• You have to rebuild kodi (run scripts/clean kodi) whenever you change DRIVER_ADDONS_SUPPORT to "no" - otherwise you get the error / kodi crash loop you mentioned.

so long,

Hias

• You have to rebuild kodi (run scripts/clean kodi) whenever you change DRIVER_ADDONS_SUPPORT to "no" - otherwise you get the error / kodi crash loop you mentioned.

so long,

Hias

perfekt - that was my problem - Thank you very much!

see you,

DDuck007