Intel® Dual Band 802.11ac Wave2 WIFI w/BT5.0 Not working correctly.

• Hi,

Can someone help to get the Bluetooth to work correctly with Libreeelec.

I paired my Microsoft Kodi to Libreelec 9.2.6 works ok, then i go to suspend. I wake from suspend with the remote bluetooth, but when Libreelec screen shows bluetooth is not working anymore. Under Libreelec settings it say No bluetooth adapter found. I need to reeboot a few times or cold start for Libreelec to see the Bluetooth again. What do i need to do to get this to work properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to board. B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Australia

I have an Intel NUC with Bluetooth and it worked fine from suspend and wake. Not sure why the above does not work, is it a firmware or driver issue? The wifi works fine and it is bundled with the Bluetooth onboard.

Thanks

Denis

• Installed windows to see if the Bluetooth adapter work after suspend. and confirmed that it does work from resuming from suspend state. So it must be a driver issue. Will try Ubuntu now to test there.

• Now the wifi is not working also. Thus must be some sort of driver/firmware issue under 9.2.6. dmesg is below.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• OK, i have tried Ubuntu 20.0.4 and the Bluetooth resumes after suspend wake. below is the dmesg. Hope this help to know which firmware/driver is required for Libreelec to make the Bluetooth work properly.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks in advance.

• Might need to see if the nightlies have the stable driver. Still want to be on Leei though dues to the skin i am using. Need to check if they have updated for Matrix.

• Please test the latest nightly: a) because there are a lot of Interl firmware/driver updates between LE9.2.6 and current LE10, b) because even if the issue in 9.2.6 is identified there will be no more 9.2 releases to fix the issue. Forwards is the only direction!

• The nightly fixed the missing adapter, but now after resume from suspend it freezes with the busy icon and then i need to hard reboot to get it going again. Do we know why this happens and is there a fix for it.

below is the paste bin with nightly and with harmony Bluetooth keyboard paired.

Thanks

• Just a note that when it resumes from suspend the screen is frozen but i can here the clicking sound in the background. Must be a graphical glitches. Only a hard reboot brings it back and then works as it should. Just the resume from suspend has this issue. If you need and logs let me know where i can get these from.

• just updated to 07/03/2021 nightly and this has resolved the above frozen after resume.

- Bluetooth does not disappear anymore after resume from suspend.

- Screen is not frozen after resume from suspend.

So far so good.

• Spoke too soon. Issues with latest nightly.

- Suspend auto wakes up

- When it does go into suspend mode and then i wake from Bluetooth the screen is all funny like the graphic acceleration has not resumed from sleep. Like it is frozen.

I tried Milhouse version LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.80-Milhouse-20200402191302-#0402c-gd391e8c

- Suspend works correctly

- Bluetooth wakes correctly, takes about 5 seconds for the remote to respond/reconnect again.

- Graphic display is fine when resumed.

Below the dmesg of the Milhouse version. Not sure why the milhouse version works fine, but 9.2.6 and the latest nightly does not?

• Unfortunately the amdgpu driver is crashing/hanging on your 3400G with any kernel. My only suggestion is to not using suspend until this is fixed.

• Official Post

Do we have an ETA for the fix.

I don't know about you in 'we', but in general Team LibreELEC has no strict agenda for fixes or releases. Fixes need to be understood first why they happen, only then a "plan of attack" can be readied. And then, that has to be tried and tested.

So in short, for now the answer is "no".

• Ok i have figured out the crashing i was getting after resuming from suspend. There is a setting in BIOS called IOMMU which was set to auto, i disabled this and now the system does not crash after resume and i can resume also without it auto turning on. Not sure what this setting is but this has solved the crashing issue with libreelec.

• Still does not work. Where do we put scripts for when i resume that it will run the script. A reboot script which i have, but not sure where to put it so it can run once the system resumes.

Thanks.

• Create with path:

Bash: /storage/.config/sleep.d/99-sample.power
    #!/bin/sh
    case "$1" in
       pre)
         <do something on suspend>
         ;;
       post)
         <do something on resume>
         ;;
    esac