Posts by denist

HI,

i have installed the latest version of LE11.03 and i have no HD audio sound at all, am i missing something. Is there something i need to do.

Things i tried.

- Disabled Audio DSP in BIOS

- Latest BIOS installed

- Used windows to update the HDMI firmware

- Tried LE10

Can someone assist, and can it work?

I have the Gemini version and it works fine but the i5 has thee LSPCON chip.

Thanks.

This is the output. Is tis showing that the i965 driver is loaded?

-- Journal begins at Wed 2022-10-12 21:16:23 AEDT, ends at Wed 2022-10-12 21:19:49 AEDT. --

Oct 12 21:16:34 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Starting Kodi Media Center...

Oct 12 21:16:34 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started Kodi Media Center.

Oct 12 21:16:35 LibreELEC kodi.sh[763]: libva info: VA-API version 1.11.0

Oct 12 21:16:35 LibreELEC kodi.sh[763]: libva info: User environment variable requested driver 'i965'

Oct 12 21:16:35 LibreELEC kodi.sh[763]: libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so

Oct 12 21:16:35 LibreELEC kodi.sh[763]: libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_11

Oct 12 21:16:35 LibreELEC kodi.sh[763]: libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0

I think i have got it to stop dropping frames, by forcing 24p to playback as 23.976, now the vsyncoffset is staying at 0 and does not move.

I used the advancesettings below to work.

<advancedsettings version="1.0">

<video>

<adjustrefreshrate>

<override>

<fps>24</fps>

<refresh>23.976</refresh>

</override>

</adjustrefreshrate>

<latency>

<delay>0</delay>

<refresh>

<min>23</min>

<max>24</max>

<delay>-175</delay>

</refresh>

<refresh>

<rate>25</rate>

<delay>75</delay>

</refresh>

</latency>

</video>

</advancedsettings>

I have fixed the HDMI syncs with advance setting by adding the below, but cannot get for the life of ne while playing back 24p that every 40sec I get a micro stutter worse especially in panning shots. Why is it only on the 24p that the vsyncoff rises up to 40 then drops down to -0.3 once it drops below 0 I get the micro stutter, this is every 40secs. With 23.976, 25, 50 the VSYNCOFF does not fluctuate it’s a steady number for the whole videos, just 24p is troublesome. Is there some who know why and how to sort this out.

Will the whitelist work for this or not??

Thanks.

Hi

Is there any setting or tips to fix the 24p VSYNC Offset dropping, I don’t get it on 23.976p just 24p.

It happens every 40 seconds. VSYNC goes up to 40 then drops down towards 0. Sometimes under this is she. The stutter happens.

I have used the 23-24 advance settings.xml @ 175ms delay.

Hardware

Intel NUC Gemini J5005 and J4005.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Was thinking the new Pentium NUC 11 i can wake via HDMI CEC from my receiver, and use Bluetooth remote to control Libreelec. I did notice that the HDMI port uses Level Shifter is this still native HDMI. What does Level Shifter do as i do not have this on the Gemini.

Thanks for the help.

I want to retire a Intel NUC5 Pentium.

I have a Intel NUC Pentium Gemini Lake which works great.

My question would be do I get another Gemini lake for just Network file streaming and Widevine live tv playback, or upgrade to the new Nuc 11 Celeron/Pentium Essentials. I don’t think AV1 hardware decide is essential for me as I do not watch YouTube on this device only as a HTPC client to the NAS. Also can wait till the new NUCs and AV1 becomes more mature.

GEMIN NUC - CIR, HDMI native plays everything fine but is from 2018.

NUC 11 Essentials Celeron or Pentium - Has no CIR would need to use Bluetooth remote and WOL with my Harmony to control and power on the unit from off state S5 or use S3, I am sure there is wake from Bluetooth on these. Not sure if it has native HDMI. Should boot faster due to using NVME Gen 3 instead of the Standard 2.5 SSD. Does the stable version work fine with this NUC like it does with the Gemini.

Don’t really want to move up to I3 as it’s just solely Libreelec playback device. The price heater is $269aud for the Pentium and $469 aud for the I3 plus Ram and NVME SSD.

What do you guys think and

Panther Lake I3 Gen12 GPU AV1 decode = CIR and PCON for HDMI - Any degrade in picture quality, any downsides in getting the Panther Lake???

Tiger Lake I3 Gen12 GPU AV1 decode = No CIR and Retimer for HDMI - I like booting from off state using CIR but this new model they removed it not sure why, even all the Celerons NUC 11 have no CIR only the Performance Panther lakes have CIR.

Thanks

Since the Panther Lake has the PCON for the HDMI and CIR and the new Tiger Lake does not have the CIR but Retimer for the HDMI. Just curious if having the PCON degrades picture quality or any downsides having the PCON on the Panther LAKE.

Thanks in advance.