Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• I tried all three drivers inside LE and no power on dvb-t2 coaxial input.

Did you measure that there is 0V DC on the coax, or are you just guessing? If the latter, what do you base this on?

This is important because if the voltage is present, but there is a bad signal or ablolutely no signal at all, then the whole thing leads to a dead end, and we are trying to trace a non-existent error. If you don't mind, I'd like to avoid that for obvious reasons...

I tried all three drivers inside LE and no power on dvb-t2 coaxial input.

With CE each driver has power on dvb-t2 coaxial input, also when I restore CE backup on LE dvb-t2 coaxial input had power.

I cannot understand your whole procedure in this way... ?(

When you restore the CE backup on LE, do you restore it together with TvHeadend? I mean with the complete add-on and its settings?

^ This is quite important information, because now I don't even know whether you are using the CE's or LE's TvHeadend binary.

According to the signs, the problem is not caused by the driver, because it is integrated in the image. However the TvHeadend binary is not!

By the way, you didn't write which TvHeadend you use, v4.2 or v4.3? And are you absolutely sure that you managed to set exactly the same settings in TvHeadend during the clean installation as during CE? (Especially whether the settings of the multiplexes match.)

I need specific information, because this way I'm just groping in the dark. I don't mind if you write a short novel, I just ask that it have tangible information content, some logs, screenshots, whatever...

• Hi,

When I restored CE backup on LE, I did it complete with all addons and settings. With option to make restore inside of LE settings.

I use TVhedednd 4.3 with icam patch.

When I installed fresh LE, i just installed this TVH (used in CE) and nothing else. This is TVh I installed: https://temp-file.org/s65xwrZiz1AMOOp/file

If there is a problem with my version, I am happy to help you, but if you're using a binary outside of my repo, I can't provide support.

In addition, I still haven't received an answer from you for most of the questions I asked. :(

• zuka1977

I see that you still do not answer my questions, nor do you produce usable logs or screenshots, at least do one thing for me.

Please measure the DVB-T coaxial input with a multimeter in VDC position when you use my build, in this way:

At least I would like to get an answer to this question: Can the 5V DC antenna supply be measured at the input or not?

• zuka1977

I see that you still do not answer my questions, nor do you produce usable logs or screenshots, at least do one thing for me.

Please measure the DVB-T coaxial input with a multimeter in VDC position when you use my build, in this way:

At least I would like to get an answer to this question: Can the 5V DC antenna supply be measured at the input or not?

Hi,

Now HEVC channels are working.

I again create SD card with LE same as first time, then install only addon TVHeadend with my userdata, and dvb-t2 (HEVC) channels are woking now well.

• Dear dtech,

Can you help me why I cannot set up the remote control for my Beelink Mini MX III (S905, 2G, 1Gb, RealtekWiFi)? I have tried several remote.conf files, including one that worked perfectly with CE 9.2.8. Also with AmRemote and Meson IR files. Of special interest is that it doesn't respond at all to its own remote control, but it does take some of the signals from my Vontar X3.

In addition, I would like to ask what dav1d decoder is in the latest release? I mainly want to play 720p AV1s with it in the future. If not the latest could it be updated somehow?

Thanks for your help in advance.

• Under all my images, only amremote (remote.conf) works, meson-ir is not supported.

I modified the config saved from the MiniMXIII stock Android image, I hope it will work.

Please extract the attachment, copy the remote.conf file to the /storage/.config/ directory and then reboot.

I would definitely like some feedback, whether it works or not. If it works, also about whether all buttons are good.

(The function of the mouse button is different, it opens the info.)

I will investigate the possibility of updating the AV1 (dav1d) codec, currently the original v0.3.1 is in my images.

Although it is worth keeping in mind that none of the SoCs supported by me are capable of AV1 hardware decoding, unfortunately.

• Thank you very much, and also for the speed. All buttons work perfectly.

It would be great if you could manage to replace it with a newer version, because for example on my S905X3 TV box (CE 20.2) the playback is fluid even with 1080P AV1 movies, but unfortunately on S905 720p also stutters, although there is no big difference in raw computing performance. I started converting my movie collection to AV1 a while ago, because of their size, and since HandBrake released svt-av1 codec it goes very fast with almost no loss.

For example, this old test shows that the codec is getting better and better with each version, with less and less processing power.

• Thanks for the feedback about the remote control.

In the meantime, I checked, and due to the update of dav1d, I have to change a few more things in some packages (e.g. ffmpeg), which might be a bit more time-consuming. Please be patient, I will try to do it in the next few days if possible.

• There is a sizeable raw compute performance difference between S905 ([email protected]) and S905X3 ([email protected]+) hardware.

I'm not saying there's no difference, just not so big that lower resolution movies can't be watched fluently with software decoding.
    For example, this site says there is only a 25% difference in performance. Of course, it could be buggy and much bigger, I don't know, but the newer version could definitely improve the number of frames per second.

• Tartarus

Unfortunately, you should not rely on the results of these bencmarks, because these do not say anything about internal architectural changes, such as memory controller, cache size and clock, internal instruction set, etc.

AnTuTu and similar tests will never really show the differences between the functions you need, these will only tell you a ratio value, which is an average of everything. Meanwhile, software media encoding functions may be up to 2 times, but even up to 10 times as fast, if some other function degrades this ratio, which has not changed, or has become weaker compared to the previous one.

I made a snapshot image with the dav1d 1.0.0 and the necessary ffmpeg patch updates, please check if there is any change in AV1 decoding performance:

Index of /snapshots/20231012_dav1d-update_a74c19c/

• Tartarus

Unfortunately, you should not rely on the results of these bencmarks, because these do not say anything about internal architectural changes, such as memory controller, cache size and clock, internal instruction set, etc.

AnTuTu and similar tests will never really show the differences between the functions you need, these will only tell you a ratio value, which is an average of everything. Meanwhile, software media encoding functions may be up to 2 times, but even up to 10 times as fast, if some other function degrades this ratio, which has not changed, or has become weaker compared to the previous one.

I made a snapshot image with the dav1d 1.0.0 and the necessary ffmpeg patch updates, please check if there is any change in AV1 decoding performance:

https://libreelec.dtech.hu/snapshots/2023…update_a74c19c/

Many thanks for your work. Unfortunately the playback is no better, maybe even worse, like a slide show. During playback, the hardware is not fully utilised at all, with the processor cores running at 30-40%. I suppose it's not govenor dependent, clock speed is constantly at 1500MHz.

• Many thanks for your work. Unfortunately the playback is no better, maybe even worse, like a slide show. During playback, the hardware is not fully utilised at all, with the processor cores running at 30-40%. I suppose it's not govenor dependent, clock speed is constantly at 1500MHz.

In the meantime, I also downloaded a couple of AV1 test videos, and the end result is quite miscellaneous. There are videos that have become smoother with the new version, but there are also videos that are much worse. Unfortunately, updating the software does not help, this SoC is really weak for this task.

• In the meantime, I also downloaded a couple of AV1 test videos, and the end result is quite miscellaneous. There are videos that have become smoother with the new version, but there are also videos that are much worse. Unfortunately, updating the software does not help, this SoC is really weak for this task.

To me, hanging at 30-40% processor usage doesn't mean that the SoC is weak, but that the decoder is poorly optimized.
    Maybe the newer version will bring more performance improvements, or maybe rav1d.
    I want to keep using the old device so it doesn't end up in the trash, not buy a new one, if software solution is possible.