Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Okay, I updated a couple of Realtek wifi drivers (e.g. RTL8192EU) in this new snapshot image, please try it on your device:

Index of /snapshots/20210825/

I update 9.8.2.1 via *.tar* and no changes.

hastebin

I don't see the module here:

I see module 8192eu in CE:

Edited 3 times, last by blackride (August 26, 2021 at 2:44 AM).

• I update 9.8.2.1 via *.tar* and no changes.

The version number (9.2.8.2) has changed a bit, but it's okay. ^^

The Amlogic project branch of CE 9.2.7 "non-ng" build contains exactly the same driver, so it's a little weird.

I need more information, so you should follow exactly the following steps:

1. Start the box without connecting the USB stick.
    2. dmesg -c
      This prints the dmesg and also deletes it. From now on, only recent changes are relevant.
    3. cat /etc/os-release | grep PRETTY_NAME
    4. lsmod | grep cfg80211
    5. Now connect the USB wifi adapter.
    6. dmesg -c
    7. lsmod | grep cfg80211

I connected the TL-WN722N v1 to my M8Q as an example, but I would expect something similar:

Code
    M8Q:~ # dmesg -c
    M8Q:~ # cat /etc/os-release | grep PRETTY_NAME
    PRETTY_NAME="LibreELEC (dtech): 9.2.8.2"
    M8Q:~ # lsmod | grep cfg80211
    cfg80211              206547  1 8188eu

The USB device is now connected...

If this is possible, you should do this under my image on your MXIII-clone as well as from the other box under CE with same USB wifi stick.

By the way, I also ordered a WN821N today, the version will unfortunately only be revealed if it is in my hands.

Edited 2 times, last by dtech (August 26, 2021 at 10:17 AM).

• Start the box without connecting the USB stick.
    dmesg -c

hastebin

Code
    LibreELEC: ~ # cat / etc / os-release | grep PRETTY_NAME

PRETTY_NAME = "LibreELEC (dtech): 9.2.8.2"
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # lsmod | grep cfg80211
    cfg80211              205322  1 8723bs

Now connect the USB wifi adapter.
    dmesg -c
    lsmod | grep cfg80211

hastebin

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # lsmod | grep cfg80211
    cfg80211              205322  1 8723bs

On CE (Odroid C2):

Start the box without connecting the USB stick.

dmesg -c

hastebin

Code
    CoreELEC:~ # cat /etc/os-release | grep PRETTY_NAME
    PRETTY_NAME="CoreELEC (official): 9.2.7"
    CoreELEC:~ # lsmod | grep cfg80211
    cfg80211              417431  1 8192cu

dmesg -c

hastebin

Code
    CoreELEC:~ # lsmod | grep cfg80211
    cfg80211              417431  2 8192cu,8192eu

The version number (9.2.8.2) has changed a bit, but it's okay.

i update LE with version 9.8.2.1 on 9.2.8.2 via tar archive.

• In the previous log, you almost misled me because the adapter connected for the second time was the V4:

These require completely different kernel modules:

V4 -> 0bda:8178 (rtl8192cu)

V5 -> 2357:0107 (rtl8192eu)

I will try to find out why it does not load the module for the V5 (rtl8192eu).

In your CE log the trace looks very ugly after connecting the USB wifi device:

https://paste.kodi.tv/idowabezoh

That looks pretty sick. =O

i update LE with version 9.8.2.1 on 9.2.8.2 via tar archive.

The numbers were mixed up again: 9.2.8.1 -> 9.8.2.1 (Translator malfunction?)

However, if you could check the current image with V4, that would be good, because it also got a new driver.

If it doesn't work, I will go back to the old one.

• In the previous log, you almost misled me because the adapter connected for the second time was the V4:

No. I did not connect the adapter version 4 to the MX box (when i write command in console via ssh).

In my previous post, I connected the adapter version 4 only to the C2 odroid, because there is no built-in Wi-Fi module.

On 9.2.8.2 TP-Link TL-WN821N version 4 sees networks. So I'm sure there is no problem with him.

The numbers were mixed up again: 9.2.8.1 -> 9.8.2.1 (Translator malfunction?)

I was in a hurry so I wrote it wrong ^^

In your CE log the trace looks very ugly after connecting the USB wifi device:

hastebin

That looks pretty sick. =O

Perhaps not all functionality for the 5 version adapter is involved. Because I was surprised when I bought a new adapter, but the green information LED is off. Then I connected this adapter to a laptop with Windows 10 on board and the green LED turned on. Most likely, the driver is incomplete in this regard. But adapter with this is driver sees the networks and works in the CE.

However, if you could check the current image with V4, that would be good, because it also got a new driver.

Ok. I try it.

two hour - good work:)

Edited once, last by blackride (August 26, 2021 at 5:57 PM).

• Вышел новый выпуск снимка (20210826):

Индекс / snapshots / 20210826 /

Тот же драйвер, но я отключил встроенные модули в ядре, потому что они были включены.

Пожалуйста, протестируйте его сначала с V5, а затем с V4.

V5 - hastebin

V4 - hastebin

V4 and V5 work. :)

Version 5 does not light up the green LED.

Version 4 LED is on.

The built-in bluetooth box don't work.

Now the built-in wi-fi boxing module will always be disabled or can you try to solve the modules loading conflict?

Thank you very much :S

• Bluetooth adapter not found

I need a dmesg immediately after the boot.

The trouble is that most of the time your kernel log is full of junk like this:

Code
    [DVFS]aml_dvfs_do_voltage_change, no dvfs driver

Unfortunately, your last dmesg is also full of this line and there is no useful content in it.

• dtech see if you can backport systemd/busybox: allow configuration of persistent logs and journal by mglae · Pull Request #5537 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub and then use /storage/.cache/journald.conf.d/00_settings.conf with something like:

[Journal]

SystemMaxUse=10M

MaxRetentionSec=0

RateLimitInterval=0

RateLimitBurst=0

The settings add-on changes are in Add persistent logs and journal configuration by mglae · Pull Request #233 · LibreELEC/service.libreelec.settings · GitHub but we rewrote/restructured most of the settings add-on since 9.2 so those won't backport.

• I need a dmesg immediately after the boot.

hastebin

Hi chewitt.

Are you can me help please? This is probably related to dtb (post RE: Official LE Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-19))

Edited 2 times, last by blackride: Merged a post created by blackride into this post. (August 27, 2021 at 1:29 PM).

• Hi dtech,

The images for Minix NEO X8 didnt work for me. Mine is a X8 Plus (without the "H")

I tryed the two images you published here - for X8 and X8 Plus - and both gave me a "mount_part - unknown file system" error. I did the toolpick method to boot from the SD (even it was booting from the SD already), but no avail.

Used the Libreelec USB-SD Creator to prepare a 4gb SD card.

BTW I was using an custom image before (S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9).

Edited once, last by Momantai (August 29, 2021 at 4:32 AM).

• blackride

Now the 8723bs module will have the problem.

I need some information about the integrated adapter from an older version that was still working.

lshw -C network

BTW I was using an custom image before (S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9).

Can you specify which image you are using? The topic link is a pretty broad concept.

• I took the all black mxq (= the one the family had issues connecting it to their wireless network) back home to test it.

It connected as it should on my wifi and had no issues playing anything. Then I gave it back to the family, without testing it on their home, and it connected to their wifi the first time it booted! It now works with no issues.

scratcheshead.gif :P