Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• When i found script cputemp?

In the Minix version, the CPU temperature is displayed in milli-degrees (45 °C -> 45000), so it should be divided by 1000.

However, this is not required for all devices (eg. M8S-Plus).

You need to log in to your box via SSH, and then...

Code
    cd /storage/.config/
    wget https://github.com/dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML/raw/master/projects/S8X2/filesystem/usr/bin/cputemp
    chmod 755 ./cputemp
    echo "mount -o bind /storage/.config/cputemp /usr/bin/cputemp" >> autostart.sh
    reboot

After restarting, the correct value should be displayed in Kodi.

Edited 3 times, last by dtech (June 23, 2021 at 8:34 AM).

• You need to log in to your box via SSH, and then...

Thank you.

But i unpack file "system", after change file "cputemp" and packed the file "system". Is it works :)

Can you tell where is the add-on or script that restarts the Kodi when the Kodi freezes?

In your LE, it works. But I have an odroid c2, which has a CE installed. The addon of Elementum sometimes freezes the Kodi when the system boot. And in your LE restart occurs Kodi when Kodi freezes.

And

How i can donate pay for you?

Are you have PayPal?

Edited 2 times, last by blackride (June 27, 2021 at 4:57 AM).

• But i unpack file "system", after change file "cputemp" and packed the file "system". Is it works :)

Repackaging squashfs is a bit more hardcore. ;)

Can you tell where is the add-on or script that restarts the Kodi when the Kodi freezes?

In your LE, it works. But I have an odroid c2, which has a CE installed. The addon of Elementum sometimes freezes the Kodi when the system boot. And in your LE restart occurs Kodi when Kodi freezes.

I think look at which uboot is installed because I saw that there was a period when the watchdog didn't work in C2:

Enabling support for Amlogic Hardware Watchdog with 60 Sec timeout. by gauravpathak · Pull Request #53 · hardkernel/u-boot · GitHub

How i can donate pay for you?

Are you have PayPal?

Thank you, but I'm not thinking about a support channel yet.

• What distro do you use to build?

I tried to build on ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 on docker, but both failed. I left the repo as it is and didn't add anything

On s805 box and kernel 3.10.108 docker not working

Docker needs to add these, can you try to build again and add this option, or guide me how to build

Code
    CONFIG_CGROUP_DEVICE=y
    CONFIG_CPUSETS=y
    CONFIG_MEMCG=y
    CONFIG_VETH=y
    CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_ADDRTYPE=y
    CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_IPVS=y
    CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT=y
    CONFIG_POSIX_MQUEUE=y
    CONFIG_DEVPTS_MULTIPLE_INSTANCES=y
  • What distro do you use to build?

I tried to build on ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 on docker, but both failed.

Docker compatibility was not a priority in my builds.

• Thank you so much for the great work dtech.

Tested on mxq pro g9cx 1/8 Gb s905x and it works perfectly.

unfortunately I can't find the remote control to be able to test it, as I use a mini usb keyboard.

The only problem is Mediaset play, which I think is related to widevine, but I saw that you are working on it to solve it.

I used an external dtb gxl_p212_1gb as with the default one the system does not boot. Thanks and good job

• Libreelec is working very good on the MXIII only i have 1 problem and that is that i cannot turn it on when i turn the box off within kodi.

It does go to sleep mode but then i cannot turn it on, not with the remote and also not with the power button.

A new experimental power management feature will soon be available in version 9.2.8 (for S8X2 only):

Edited 2 times, last by dtech (July 7, 2021 at 10:40 AM).

• LibreELEC v9.2.8 has been released for some Amlogic S805/S8X2/S905 devices and WeTek Play.

Changes:

• glibc: Apply an updated widevine fix for v4.10.2252.0 or newer version,
    • cputemp: Fix millidegree issue, if the kernel return value is specified in it,
    • projects/WeTek_Play: Add support WP1 and re-enable CPU temperature sensor in the kernel,
    • projects/S8X2: Add an option to override power off in Kodi (workaround for the uboot power bug).

For more information and for download links, please check the first post in this topic: #1

• Hi, I have a Xiao Mi Box 2s (S812,1G ram,4G rom),

I flashed MXiii plus(Tronsmart) firmware over it , because of the original bootloader can‘t be patched.

Now I can boot android 5.1 with modify dtb on the box.

After that I use libreelec for MXiii Plus (sd method), I got a black screen after Tronsmart logo.

It seem like bootloader has been patched, but hdmi couldn't work with wrong DTB.

Can I change dtb in kernel with mkbootimg_tools?

Btw, I have no more knowledge to make it work. Could anyone help me? THX

Edited 3 times, last by oceanzhang (July 23, 2021 at 8:46 AM).

• LibreELEC v9.2.8 has been released for some Amlogic S805/S8X2/S905 devices and WeTek Play.

In order to make the mxq's remote work, I had to "install" some configuration (?) file for it. I can't remember its name or where I found it. Do I have to do it again after the upgrade?

• OK, mkbootimg_tools can make it work.

Edited 3 times, last by oceanzhang (July 23, 2021 at 9:12 PM).

• In order to make the mxq's remote work, I had to "install" some configuration (?) file for it. I can't remember its name or where I found it. Do I have to do it again after the upgrade?

The update does not affect the user files, all your own changes remain untouched, only the kernel and the system file (squashfs) have been replaced.

OK, mkbootimg_tools can make it work.

Okay, I hope it really works. I almost reacted to your previous answer, but in the meantime you modified it. :)

• Okay, I hope it really works. I almost reacted to your previous answer, but in the meantime you modified it. :)

After 100 times test. It has most function work. But I can't switch resolution, no matter I change to 720p/1080p, TV still shows input source 1080@60hz

Do you have any idea? Thank you

BTW, my box has a special dtb with this

• After 100 times test. It has most function work. But I can't switch resolution, no matter I change to 720p/1080p, TV still shows input source 1080@60hz

Do you have any idea? Thank you

Try to add manually supported resolutions:

Goga777
    September 12, 2016 at 7:13 PM
  • Try to add manually supported resolutions:

just install to internal, manually switch resolution is work.

in this moment, I use m8s img with 2 issue,

a. when play a video, auto rate change work, but not resolution switch automatic

b. wifi connection unstable (ap6335)

How can I fix it? thank you so much

• a. when play a video, auto rate change work, but not resolution switch automatic

b. wifi connection unstable (ap6335)

a. What is the resolution and cadence of the video you are trying to play and what is the currently set resolution and frequency of the device?

Note that Kodi does not change the resolution downwards, so it will play 720p video at 1080p if the currently set resolution is 1920x1080.

However, playback will be cadence correct, so the frequency will be the same.

b. Can I request a dmesg?