Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• gthebest

I honestly admit that at the moment I have no idea what might be causing it. /shrug

The same platform_init script works perfectly on M8S+ and WeTek Core (and in theory on Minix devices, though I haven't received any actual feedback on it).

However, it was noted that the MXIII-G uses a different memory area to load the logo, such as the two devices above:

• OTT M8S+/WeTek Core:
    Code: fw_printenv | grep fb_addr=
    fb_addr=0x15100000
    • Your device (MXIII-G):
    Code: fw_printenv | grep fb_addr=
    fb_addr=0x07900000

However, I saw the same framebuffer address (0x07900000) on my S805 devices only. Strange... :/

• dtech

i installed corelec for my very old Enybox M8S, thank you very much.

But when I install docker, jellyfin doesn't seem to work. I can't conect my media server through port :8096 or 8080 (docker not run, i think so). Can you help me?? Sorry my English is not good.

Thank you.

• i installed corelec for my very old Enybox M8S, thank you very much.

But when I install docker, jellyfin doesn't seem to work. I can't conect my media server through port :8096 or 8080 (docker not run, i think so). Can you help me?? Sorry my English is not good.

Thank you.

You are welcome, and... wait a minute. Did you mean LibreELEC, right? I never created CE images.

About docker support:

• You are welcome, and... wait a minute. Did you mean LibreELEC, right? I never created CE images.

About docker support:

LibreELEC, yes i was wrong.

So sorry that docker is not supported.

Anyway, thank you. :idea: :idea:

• Its working almost perfect. I can see the Libreelec logo again for 4-5 seconds!

"almost perfect" -> What does it mean exactly? For example, what is the difference on your box compared to one of my boxes?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• "almost perfect" -> What does it mean exactly? For example, what is the difference on your box compared to one of my boxes?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://streamable.com/t3trd8

• gthebest

Okay, it's really "almost" perfect. It already looks quite tolerable, but your SD card seems a bit slow.

However, the black screen between the Tronsmart and the LibreELEC logos is probably due to an incorrect framebuffer address.

I know it, because I tried the reverse (0x15100000 -> 0x07900000) on my M8S and experienced the same black screen.

However, I have no idea how this got into your device, because this is the standard value of fb_addr for S805 SoCs, not S812.

Coincidentally, isn't (or wasn't earlier) an unofficial "cooked" Android ROM installed on your internal NAND? :/

loki7777

Can I request an fw_printenv output from you too? I'm just wondering what fb_addr is set to on your device.

• fb_addr=0x07900000

On my box it takes like ~22sec from kodi reboot menu to land back in Kodi again. Boot from Nand.

Do you also have a black screen between the vendor and the LE logos?

Mine only started a little slower because the "wait for network" (aprox. +10 seconds) option is also enabled due to loading the IPTV channel list and EPG (XMLTV). This is important because if Kodi can't load them at startup, it won't try again later. Without that, it would take me about the same amount of time.

Mine also runs from the internal eMMC, but it is not much slower when starting it from a U1 class card (a.k.a. Class 10). BTW, the sd card of gthebest seems terribly slow. ?(

• LibreELEC:~ # fw_printenv | paste

http://ix.io/3Gz0

Code
    fb_addr=0x07900000

Edited once, last by gthebest (December 4, 2021 at 10:51 AM).

• Hello guys,

I have an Amlogic M8s+ tv box (S812) and I``` am running LE 9.2.8.2 and it`s been great.

I am interested if I can upgrade to LE 10 (Matrix) ? I` have been browsing through the different sections but cant figure it out.

Can someone advise please if that will be possible (in the near future if not now)..?

Thanks

• Code
    fb_addr=0x07900000

I know you have already sent this. This seems it is the standard address on MXIII-G/Plus, so I accept it.

However, I think it would be worth replacing your SD card because the it boots very slowly in your video, but that's not the device's fault.

Hello guys,

I have an Amlogic M8s+ tv box (S812) and I``` am running LE 9.2.8.2 and it`s been great.

I am interested if I can upgrade to LE 10 (Matrix) ? I` have been browsing through the different sections but cant figure it out.

Can someone advise please if that will be possible (in the near future if not now)..?

Thanks

This is a recurring question...

dtech
    November 29, 2021 at 1:54 PM