Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• But DTB, I can't understand, so I can't solve it by myself. I hope you can help me adapt it!

Okay, I found something that will hopefully be useful.

The Tronsmart Vega S89 device (it doesn't matter if it's Elite or Standard) is based on a Meson8 reference board type "k200" layout.

First, use this image to create the SD card:

LibreELEC-MXIII-1G.arm-9.2.7.img.gz

I found two devices with the same type, you should try this first:

meson8_k200_m8_2G.dtb

The downloaded file must be renamed to "dtb.img" and the existing one must be overwritten on the SD card.

Then try booting from SD card and check Ethernet connection.

If Ethernet still doesn't work with the first dtb file, you need to try this one:

meson8_k200_s82_2G.dtb

• Hi again, thanks for your suggestion! I tried 9.2.6 but the same thing happens... Installation -> Reboot -> splash screen -> black (but with mouse cursor)

Unfortunately, no one from the X8-H Plus image has ever indicated that it works.

TheBronx tested my M8S+ image on an X8-H Plus (#50), but by the time I was done with the X8-H Plus image, unfortunately, he had given up, so I never knew if it would work or not. It seems to be not working at all. :(

The only feedback I got was from a plain X8H from Blackomega35, which works even if it only has an S802 SoC in it.

Please try my M8S+ image on an SD card, because that image uses a modified initramfs.

The remote control, wifi and a few little things (like temperature) won’t work, but if it boot, we're already ahead.

• I tested the above image and replaced the DTB you provided, but it failed to start

Report the following error

rm:cant't remove ‘storage/.please_resize_me':read-only file system

PARTITION RESIZIMG IN PROGRESS

please do not reboot or turn off your libreelec device

Cycle restart, unable to enter Kodi

Libreelec-n200-ap6330 provided by you_ 2g.arm-9.2.6.img.gz, which can be started, but the wired network can't get IP, 169.254.xx.xx

Wireless network as long as I fill in China's NTP, I can use ntp1.ailiyun.com normally

Can you add S89 cable network card IC + ip101gr 10 / 100 Ethernet driver to n200-ap6330_ 2G inside the support, to achieve S89 start normal, Ethernet normal

• Can you add S89 cable network card IC + ip101gr 10 / 100 Ethernet driver to n200-ap6330_ 2G inside the support, to achieve S89 start normal, Ethernet normal

It is already supported: LibreELEC-AML/linux.arm.conf at a292f0ec2ac492266937dadd349d90e47106e772 · dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML · GitHub

I have realized in a circle that replacing the DTB does not solve anything because the 3.10 kernel does not deal with external DTBs. :(

I'm trying to find another solution...

• yibaogang

Another approach:

I made two kernel images with the right dtb, please follow my description.

First, use this image again for prepare the SD card:

LibreELEC-MXIII-1G.arm-9.2.7.img.gz

Then download this, extract and overwrite the files on the card with these (kernel.img, kernel.img.md5, dtb.img):

LibreELEC-M8.arm-9.2.7-kernel.img+dtb.tar.gz

Then boot your box from this SD card and test the Ethernet.

If Ethernet still doesn't work, try this:

LibreELEC-S82.arm-9.2.7-kernel.img+dtb.tar.gz

• I tested the above alternative today

Failed

The error is as follows

rm:cant't remove ‘storage/.please_resize_me':read-only file system

PARTITION RESIZIMG IN PROGRESS

please do not reboot or turn off your libreelec device

• Unfortunately, I have no further idea. :(

Can I use mxiii plus kernel + img firmware?

It is suitable for S89,

By the way, some of the strange phenomena I tested

In the case of Android, S89 can be replaced by boot.img file of mxiii plus, which is suitable for Android 5.1.1 system. Wired network, wireless network and Bluetooth are all normal

In the case of Le, if SD card writes the M8 firmware provided by you, DTB and kernel of mxiii plus can also start le to enter Kodi, but cable network cannot use it

• Can I use mxiii plus kernel + img firmware?

It is suitable for S89,

By the way, some of the strange phenomena I tested

In the case of Android, S89 can be replaced by boot.img file of mxiii plus, which is suitable for Android 5.1.1 system. Wired network, wireless network and Bluetooth are all normal

In the case of Le, if SD card writes the M8 firmware provided by you, DTB and kernel of mxiii plus can also start le to enter Kodi, but cable network cannot use it

This is a bit incomprehensible. Android and LibreELEC image components are not interchangeable between each other.

I tried to find it, but could not find a previous LibreELEC image that would be compatible with the S89 and have a working Ethernet.

If you know one, please send me a link. Unfortunately, I don’t know what to do with Android images, it doesn't help at all. :(

• Взаимодействие с другими людьми

Hi, dtech!

I'm start image 9.2.6 for "MXIII Plus (S812, 2GB RAM, Gigabit LAN, AP6234 WiFi)" on clone MXIII android box. And he best work! Thank you :)

One question - for amlogic s812 do not image LE 10 in future? Or this platform will remain on LE 9?

• Hello My box is a Tronsmart TV BOX MXIII Plus Amlogic S812 2GB OS 5.1.1. When I install S8X2 / MXIII-Plus-S812 Libreelec . Charges everything properly. The remote works. There is wifi but when i stop the video everything freezes. When tested with M8S + with Amlogic S812 SoC (2G / 8G) the video works correctly, but there is no wifi and remote. Please tell me which one is right for my device thanks.

• Hello My box is a Tronsmart TV BOX MXIII Plus Amlogic S812 2GB OS 5.1.1. When I install S8X2 / MXIII-Plus-S812 Libreelec . Charges everything properly. The remote works. There is wifi but when i stop the video everything freezes.

Hi. Please install LE 9.2.6.
    9.2.7 for my box have it:
    There is wifi but when i stop the video everything freezes

I don't dare say that for sure yet. /shrug

Please tell me. How i can get temp CPU? I don't see. Always 0

Edited once, last by blackride: Merged a post created by blackride into this post. (June 22, 2021 at 3:01 PM).

• There is wifi but when i stop the video everything freezes.

The implementation of the Widevine CDM patch in version 9.2.7 is buggy.

Since then, there is another solution to it that has no stability issues, but no official release (9.2.8) has come out yet.

If v0.5.6 is released from the inputstreamhelper, I will also release LE 9.2.8 images for supported devices, regardless of whether the LE team is officially making the fixed version of the 9.2 branch or not.

Please tell me. How i can get temp CPU? I don't see. Always 0

Please try this:

Code
    cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp

You see the value in degrees Celsius. If you only see the temperature value without any additional numbers (eg. '57'), you need to modify the cputemp script. If that's really the case, please let me know.

• Please try this:

Code
    cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp

You see the value in degrees Celsius. If you only see the temperature value without any additional numbers (eg. '57'), you need to modify the cputemp script. If that's really the case, please let me know.

I get next information:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp

i found script cputemp - /usr/bin/cputemp

But this is script have cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp

I don't understand