• Is lshw ok?

Code
    *-network:1
    description: Wireless interface
    physical id: 4
    logical name: wlan0
    serial: 3c:33:00:17:f4:a4
    capabilities: ethernet physical wireless
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rtl8189es driverversion=3.14.29 firmware=N/A ip=192.168.1.136 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11bgn

I hope to test your new image today. I have my (minor) neurological issue since Thurdsay morning that limits my mobility.

• I finally tested it, now that my left arm half-works :P

Both wifi and hdmi cec work. However, as with the build for s805, wifi reception/connectivity is poor and that leads to issues.

At the spot where my tv is, 2 wireless networks are available: mine (on channel 11) and the neighbor's (on channel 3), both at ~50% quality. Both routers are the same and we both use the same isp (adsl connection for me, vdsl for him).

I can connect to either one, because I do know my neighbor's key (and he knows mine), so I can test stuff from his connection too.

When I connect to my wifi, I go back to my pc and connect to the box via ssh (putty 0.74 on linux). The connection is unstable and typing gets laggy in less than a minute, so I abort it and go back to the box to continue. On the box, when I try to install almost anything, e.g. a skin or an addon from the main repo, I always get the message that downloading failed after a while. And this happens on either wifi network! So far, I have only managed to install the "essential" addons, i.e. virtual.network-tools, virtual.system-tools, vfs.libarchive, vfs.rar, inputstream.adaptive and inputstream.rtmp. And even those, which are small in size, were installed after a few retries and their download time was too much for their size.

And all that with the wireless connection not dropping at all all that time. I can see the relevant info under system info and in le settings. I mention that because I did have some connection drops with le on the box with s805, that's why I decided to gift it to someone else.

The above does not happen with ce for s905 though. The wireless connection is stable as a rock, lag on ssh is minimal to non-existant and downloads/installations happen in normal times and have never timed out so far. Why?

• Thank you so much for this,

Revived my first tv box, an Amlogic s805 that I could not find working roms for!

Thank you for your feedback. ;)

On the box, when I try to install almost anything, e.g. a skin or an addon from the main repo, I always get the message that downloading failed after a while.

It was my fault, I forgot to add the device to the list in the repo, so you couldn't even query the file list of the LE's repo. I've fixed this, I'm sorry about that.

Unfortunately, I have no idea about the instability of wifi yet, but at least it already means something that works at the kernel level.

• I confirm functionality on MXQ 4K Pro + with S905X SoC (2G / 16G)

It was a bit of a hassle, but it's worth it. That box has a new life. It was no longer usable on Android. Boot from SD card 4 times failed. LE came up from the USB closest to the SD slot on the second attempt. Also installtointernal until the second time successfully.

LAN, Wi-Fi, BT, Remote control works.

Many thanks for your work!

• I try to install this build on Mini m8s, but the network and remote control doesn't work, can you give me an advice which build to use for my tv box ? Chipset is s905

• TIL that this command returns the device tree for used by each device.

Code
    cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id

So I ran it on my mxq (le 9.2.6, dtech build, runs from rom) and it returned

Code
    # cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id
    m8b_m201_v1

and on my mxqpro4k (ce 9.2.7, official build, runs from sd card at the moment) and it returned

Code
    # cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id
    gxb_p200_1g

Are they correct?

• The H18Q version works great on the mk808b plus. Thank you very much for compiling libreelec 9.2 for the s805.

Thanks for testing dtech's s805 build with the MK808b plus.

Can you see if bluetooth works? By reading dtech's first post, the H18Q version might not have bluetooth support built-in, but the MK808B does support bluetooth on the original Android firmware.

If the H18Q build doesn't support bluetooth, then perhaps dtech can make a build that supports MXQ, I read an older LE8 MXQ build has bluetooth working: RE: [8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

Edited once, last by elecplay (May 24, 2021 at 2:12 AM).

• Hello dtech, thanks for this image to revive my M8s box after so long. I tried it and everything seems to work normal except the remote control which is not one of the most common but I can live without it. I also did not test the ethernet but it probably does not work because my box is a 10/100 and the image is for the M8s + that has 100/1000 but the wifi works correctly. What I am interested in is installing emulators but they are not available when I go to install them for games, the only options that appear to me are Independent games, controller profiles and game providers. Can this be corrected? Sorry about my English, I had to use the translator. Greetings :)

• Sorry for the late reply, I'm pretty busy lately. I will try to answer the questions raised.

I try to install this build on Mini m8s, but the network and remote control doesn't work, can you give me an advice which build to use for my tv box ? Chipset is s905

You need to try this one: Index of /3rdParty/S905-LE-9.2.6/MXQ-Pro-4K_1G/

If you find your own remote control among these, you can install it according to the description:

Index of /remote.conf/

TIL that this command returns the device tree for used by each device.

Code
    cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id

Are they correct?

This command reads the ID from the header of the loaded DTB, so if a bad DTB is loaded, it will also read the wrong ID.

So unfortunately it does not tell you exactly the type of device.

If the H18Q build doesn't support bluetooth, then perhaps dtech can make a build that supports MXQ, I read an older LE8 MXQ build has bluetooth working: RE: [8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

I didn’t say Bluetooth isn’t supported, just that the HD18Q doesn’t have a Bluetooth chip. You should test to see if it works because Bluetooth support is present in the build.

Hello dtech, thanks for this image to revive my M8s box after so long. I tried it and everything seems to work normal except the remote control which is not one of the most common but I can live without it. I also did not test the ethernet but it probably does not work because my box is a 10/100 and the image is for the M8s + that has 100/1000 but the wifi works correctly. What I am interested in is installing emulators but they are not available when I go to install them for games, the only options that appear to me are Independent games, controller profiles and game providers. Can this be corrected? Sorry about my English, I had to use the translator. Greetings :)

99% that your Ethernet works, even if it's only 10/100. ;)

My own set of remote controls can be found here, maybe yours is among them: Index of /remote.conf/

Unfortunately, the games were not included in the support because they take up a lot of space during code compilation, so I was forced to skip them. If you need games, unfortunately you have to compile it yourself from my GitHub repo.

• Thank you for your prompt reply. I do not know if I have all the conscience to compile but maybe I will try, although I do not have a pc with linux but I will request it ;) In the meantime I am going to try with the batocera that I have seen on this site to see if it works for me. Greetings and thanks again

• Dtech = thank you for answer, but for the older build of Libreelec I used device tree gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi because the lan of my Mini M8S is 100 mbit, if I use S905-LE-9.2.6/MXQ-Pro-4K_1G may be I will have problems with network, if it is possible can you tell me where I can download device tree gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi for this new release.

• Dtech = thank you for answer, but for the older build of Libreelec I used device tree gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi because the lan of my Mini M8S is 100 mbit, if I use S905-LE-9.2.6/MXQ-Pro-4K_1G may be I will have problems with network, if it is possible can you tell me where I can download device tree gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi for this new release.

gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb

• Thanks for testing dtech's s805 build with the MK808b plus.

Can you see if bluetooth works? By reading dtech's first post, the H18Q version might not have bluetooth support built-in, but the MK808B does support bluetooth on the original Android firmware.

I just tried and not, the Bluetooth does not work.

• Thank you dtech i tried with this tree, the box starts, but have only wired /lan/ network, wifi and remote control don't work. I copied remote.conf from http://remote.conf/4040-m8s and paste into storage/.config folder, but the remote doesn't work.

When I use build 8.2.3 of Libreelec with the same device three have not problems with wifi and remote control.

Can you give me advice or help me. Thank you in advance.

• Hi, I have tested the image:

MXIII Plus (S812, 2GB RAM, Gigabit LAN, AP6234 WiFi):

Index of /3rdParty/S8X2-LE-9.2.6/MXIII-Plus-S812_2G-AP6234/

On my Android Tv Box device MXIII-G (6 years old), and I am very happy:

MXIII - G 4K x 2K TV Box EU Plug 2GB+8GB TV Box Sale, Price & Reviews | Gearbest

Everything works perfectly, there are no freezes in the device, Wi-Fi works at upload / download speeds of 21/15 mb, with cable 160/60 mb. Bluetooth is also functional and all the functions of Kodi 18.9 at 100%

And I was able to install in nand through Putty.

Thanks for your work from Spain.

• Please try with this DTB: m8b_mxq.dtb

Just to confirm, I rename this file to dtb.img and copy it to my SD card right?

If so, when I go to "LibreELEC - Bluetooth" - it says "No bluetooth adapter found." So it didn't work for me on my MK808B Plus. Let me know if you want me to try again with another dtb file.

Edited once, last by elecplay (May 29, 2021 at 11:52 PM).

• Thank you dtech i tried with this tree, the box starts, but have only wired /lan/ network, wifi and remote control don't work. I copied remote.conf from http://remote.conf/4040-m8s and paste into storage/.config folder, but the remote doesn't work.

When I use build 8.2.3 of Libreelec with the same device three have not problems with wifi and remote control.

Can you give me advice or help me. Thank you in advance.

If you still have LE 8.2.3, I would need a dmesg.

Somehow I should identify the wifi because it could easily be that you have a wifi chip that is missing from the image.

Just to confirm, I rename this file to dtb.img and copy it to my SD card right?

If so, when I go to "LibreELEC - Bluetooth" - it says "No bluetooth adapter found." So it didn't work for me on my MK808B Plus. Let me know if you want me to try again with another dtb file.

Okay, I'm investigating this because I don't know which wifi/bluetooth chip is in the MK808B+ device.