RPi4 testbuild with HDR support

• Maschingun thanks a lot for your edid!

It looks like the TV successfully added speaker allocation map and audio formats from your soundbar. On my LG C8 I only get 2-channel PCM and no speaker allocation block - and I assume that without the soundbar your TV would provide (almost) identical information.

so long,

Hias

• linuxuser could you please test this build: LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.0-devel-20210319162105-f44683e.tar - that should make TrueHD/Atmos available on your TV.

so long,

Hias

Hi again, I tried to play a dolby atmos movie with 4k and hdr , but once I opened the movie and stopped after 1 minute it suddenly flashed to two frames like it was changing the kodi screen with a black screen every second. And also dts hd is appear as dts and not dts hd (I have other devices that are displayed like dts hd and not just dts) and last but not least when I played a dolby atmos 4k h.265 hdr 8bit video sample, there was am obvious lag (not internet lag but the frames had very low speed per second and it was visible )(the video sample was local displayed and not via internet)

• I been testing the test builds but I experiencing some problem with color in hdr.

I running rpi4 on a LG OLED55B6V, but wen i play some hdr 4k video the tv go to hdr mode but the colors are faded. But also in hdr mode i have a lot of color bending mostly visible in high whites.

Been over the settings of both tv and kodi but I cant seem to find anything. I dont think it is the video but is there a known good video that we can use to test and validate the setup?

I know it is a test build just want to add in to get this working ;)

• First of all, thanks for all the hard work everyone has put in on this. For me so far, I've been able to play 4k files w/ most audio formats (Atmos, DTS, DTA-MA, etc).

My one question is... has anyone been able to get 60 Hz/FPS using the the official raspberry pi HDMI cable? It says in their spec sheet for it that it's HDMI 2.0 complaint, but I'm starting to wonder. I've tried connecting my RPi4 to my AVR and directly to my TV, and I'm not able to select 4k@60, and playback of any 4k content that is 60 FPS is slow, and not insync with the audio. Figured I'd ask here before i go and find a new cable on Amazon.

I've added "hdmi_enable_4kp60=1" to my config.txt file, and haven't seen any other lines that relate to 4kp@60 (connected via HDMI 0 on the RPi4)

• First of all, thanks for all the hard work everyone has put in on this. For me so far, I've been able to play 4k files w/ most audio formats (Atmos, DTS, DTA-MA, etc).

My one question is... has anyone been able to get 60 Hz/FPS using the the official raspberry pi HDMI cable? It says in their spec sheet for it that it's HDMI 2.0 complaint, but I'm starting to wonder. I've tried connecting my RPi4 to my AVR and directly to my TV, and I'm not able to select 4k@60, and playback of any 4k content that is 60 FPS is slow, and not insync with the audio. Figured I'd ask here before i go and find a new cable on Amazon.

I've added "hdmi_enable_4kp60=1" to my config.txt file, and haven't seen any other lines that relate to 4kp@60 (connected via HDMI 0 on the RPi4)

"hdmi_enable_4kp60=1" isnt implemented yet in Beta 1. Maybe Beta 2

• Yes - although I don't recommend using this build any longer, all changes are now in our nightly builds Index of / - if you don't get atmos passthrough with the official 10 beta1 version, use the latest nightly.

so long,

Hias