RPi4 testbuild with HDR support

• linuxuser run this command on your RPi, then post the URL you got:

Code
    od -t x1 /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid | pastebinit

copy-and-paste that into putty/ssh and make sure all is in one line and exactly as above.

so long,

Hias

• linuxuser run this command on your RPi, then post the URL you got:

Code
    od -t x1 /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid | pastebinit

copy-and-paste that into putty/ssh and make sure all is in one line and exactly as above.

so long,

Hias

http://ix.io/2PAw this is it, thank you in advance because this problem is fraustrating since the odi on android tv supports dolby atmos and dts hd and eac3 but on this libreelec build and the other libreelec build cant get thse formats

• noggin thanks a lot for testing, this is in line with my suspicion (video driver using the wrong transformation matrix). Not 100% sure why 10/12bit output isn't automatically enabled, could be that we need to explicitly request it.

Regarding subsequent playback issues: Which testbuild did you use? The one from the first post (from Feb 5) or the one from here RE: RPi4 testbuild with HDR support (Feb 10)? The later build contains some important fixes that may be related.

If you got that issue with the newer build please post a log (ssh in, run "pastekodi" and post the URL) and ideally a link to a sample file so I can try to reproduce that locally.

so long,

Hias

I was using the one from the first post (5th Feb) in this thread. I'll download the new one you linked to and see what happens.

• http://ix.io/2PAw this is it, thank you in advance because this problem is fraustrating since the odi on android tv supports dolby atmos and dts hd and eac3 but on this libreelec build and the other libreelec build cant get thse formats

Thanks for the edid, this is a bug in the linux kernel's EDID passthrough format detection - I recently ran into that as well. I'll have a look if/how we can fix that.

so long,

Hias

• Thanks for the edid, this is a bug in the linux kernel's EDID passthrough format detection - I recently ran into that as well. I'll have a look if/how we can fix that.

so long,

Hias

I am using the 5 february buid , is there any chance that , this is the issue? if i uptade to the versio of the 10th february will this be fixed?

---Nevermind, just tried the 10th February version and the problem still persists...

Edited once, last by linuxuser (February 16, 2021 at 12:04 PM).

• FYI: the HDR and HD audio changes of these testbuilds are now in LE master and included in the latest nightly build, so you can switch back to using nightlies.

It'll probably take a while until the colorspace and bit-depth issues are fixed, I'll report back when we've got something new to test.

so long,

Hias

• FYI: the HDR and HD audio changes of these testbuilds are now in LE master and included in the latest nightly build, so you can switch back to using nightlies.

It'll probably take a while until the colorspace and bit-depth issues are fixed, I'll report back when we've got something new to test.

so long,

Hias

Because as i said i am kinda a begginer, i have the test hdr version that you created on 10th of february, what i must do to enable the hd formats? Whats the latest nightly build that included both Hdr and hd audio formats?

Thank you in advance and continue the amazing work you are doing !Keep it up!

• Because as i said i am kinda a begginer, i have the test hdr version that you created on 10th of february, what i must do to enable the hd formats? Whats the latest nightly build that included both Hdr and hd audio formats?

Thank you in advance and continue the amazing work you are doing !Keep it up!

Index of /

Take the last image for youre device.

These are "official" nightlies which include HDR and HD Audio Changes.

For enable HD Audioformat go to settings, set to expert level than you have options to enabe/disable HD Audio Passthrough.

so long,

Hias

Hias, the image that is tagged by its file on the above quote I just tried and I still don't have the hd audio formats ... although kodi on the TV has all the HD sudio formats (and the tagged build is the latest nightly build) any solutions?

• Hias, the image that is tagged by its file on the above quote I just tried and I still don't have the hd audio formats ... although kodi on the TV has all the HD sudio formats (and the tagged build is the latest nightly build) any solutions?

No. As I already wrote 2 times, here RE: RPi4 testbuild with HDR support and here RE: RPi4 testbuild with HDR support there is no fix/solution available yet to get HD audio with your TV.

so long,

Hias

• Hias, the image that is tagged by its file on the above quote I just tried and I still don't have the hd audio formats ... although kodi on the TV has all the HD sudio formats (and the tagged build is the latest nightly build) any solutions?

Bro, there will be a fix. :)

Take a beer, make a donor to Libreelec, wait a little bit and be happy when the fix is ready for test :)

One question to all: Doe anybody knows, whether HDR is only available with HDCP 2.2? Is HDR passthrough not possible with HDCP 1.4 ?

Edited once, last by JohnWayne111: Ein Beitrag von JohnWayne111 mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt. (February 17, 2021 at 10:40 PM).

• HDR and HDCP are completely independent - RPi doesn't even have a certified trust path, so no widevine, HDCP etc.

so long,

Hias

Hi HiassofT

my fault, i ask this not about Pi4. My AVR (Denon X4100) has HDMI 2.0 but only HDCP 1.4.

If i go from PI --> AVR --> TV i get no HDR.

If i go from PI --> TV i get HDR.

Is it not possible with HDCP 1.4 to get HDR?

I tried a HDCP Converter, but this doesnt work too. :(