Upgrade from OpenELEC to LibreELEC on Chromebox

• Hello all, I have an ASUS Chromebox that I set up to boot directly to Kodi I have LibreELEC on it but it wont let me update. I get the not enough space to install message.

I migrated from OpenElec and I understand this is a common problem. I want to do a complete clean install so I have made a usb with the USB-SD Creator tool plugged it into the Chromebox powered it up while pushing Esc to enter boot menu but nothing happens I just get a blank screen.

What am I doing wrong? I really hope someone can help me because I don't have a clue what to do.

• What am I doing wrong?

A better thread title for starters, I've already done that for you.

Or you could have bumped your previous forum thread.

Why the USB stick doesn't boot up on the Chromebox, I don't know. I have no Chromebox experience.

Try using a different disk image writer such as Win32 Disk Image Writer or BalenaEtcher or Rufus.

Adjusting the partition sizes can be done with a tool like GParted (also available in a bootable iso), but have some partitioning knowledge will come in handy.

• A better thread title for starters, I've already done that for you.

Or you could have bumped your previous forum thread.

Why the USB stick doesn't boot up on the Chromebox, I don't know. I have no Chromebox experience.

Try using a different disk image writer such as Win32 Disk Image Writer or BalenaEtcher or Rufus.

Adjusting the partition sizes can be done with a tool like GParted (also available in a bootable iso), but have some partitioning knowledge will come in handy.

Sorry,

• There definitely comes a time where backing up the config and doing a fresh install is a great approach. I've had a lot of luck with config backup to the point that I don't bother to back the card up anymore.