TVheadend summer/winter-time EPG problem

• Hi.

After each change from summer to winter/normal-time my EPG is not longer aligned with the correct time. Insted programs that start at 19:30 are shown +1h means 20:30. (During summertime the EPG is shown at the correct time)

So each line of the EPG overview is shown one hour later. At the TV programs the EPG is also shown misshifted, but corrected if I tune into this program. Anoying.

The TVheadend server is set to the correct timezone (CET/CEST) automtically via NTP and the client to the correct regional setting. (also via NTP)

The time in the upper right corner is correct.

This problem occures only on my Libreelec/Raspi systems, not on the Windows/Kodi-systems. There the EPG is aligned correct.

Any hints to get the right-aligned EPG during wintertime on the libreelec-systems?

Thanx in advance,

Tbone4711

• In addition to the language, check the location of your country and the date and time settings in Kodi. You don't have to do anything else. The EPG will appear in your local time.

• The regional setting are set to Europe/Vienna (correct). - same on Windows PC.

I'm wondering why the EPG is correct at summertime and wrong at normal time.

-Tbone4711

Code
    # ls -la /etc/localtime
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            18 Oct 25 14:56 /etc/localtime -> /var/run/localtime
    # ls /var/run/localtime -la
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            33 Apr 11  2019 /var/run/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Vienna
    # date
    Thu Jan 14 13:44:51 CET 2021
  • I'm in Lisbon time, my EPG work just ok, and I had no issue with the time changing in the past years - even when recording a program that crosses the moment when the time changes (last weekend of march, last weekend of october).

Have you setup the timezone using kodi interface ?.

[edit]

which epg module are you using ?

(it could be an issue with it)

As a reference, I only use tvheadend's "over the air: EIT: DVB Grabber"

The TVheadend server is set to the correct timezone (CET/CEST) automtically via NTP and the client to the correct regional setting. (also via NTP)

The time in the upper right corner is correct.

This problem occures only on my Libreelec/Raspi systems, not on the Windows/Kodi-systems. There the EPG is aligned correct.

No idea regarding Raspi's, but in the network setting (LE-Config-AddOn) there is a setting regarding ntp too. (deep, where you configure the DHCP and such)

at least on my generic LE (auto added during install)

if you're using an Fritzbox:

you could configure it to provide the ntp server in you network

• HI,

yes, the regional settings are only set via the GUI and the EPG is only the one which is provided by the channel.

Either its a (mis-)configuration issue or a problem related to the underlying system because it occures on all three systems.

• :) My raspi/kodi is restarted every day, so that's not the problem.

I think there is a problem with the adon, because the date/time of kodi is displayed correct in the upper right corner.

Maybe it's used in the wrong way by the plugin.