Quick reinstall question

• I accidently selected a resolution of 1080i instead of1080p whilst setting up on my new TV this had the effect of greying out monitor, resolution and refresh rate in settings. I couldn't get it back so decided to do a clean install the info box told me the drive would be wiped and I would lose all contents, so went ahead. Unfortunately those settings are still greyed out so simple question how do I do a "real" full clean install. I'm trying to install the latest version booting from a USB drive onto an (older) Intel NUC. just seems a clean install isn't. /shrug

• You can find that option in the LibreELEC Settings Add-on. I think it's in the System tab (it's been a while since I used it..), you'll need to scroll down a bit to find the Soft and Hard Reset options.

You can also use the SSH backdoor if you want to connect to your LibreELEC box directly. You will need to enable SSH, either via the Welcome wizard during an install, or, via the on/off switch in the LibreELEC Settings add-on.

• Tried both soft and hard reset to no avail, what I have is this.

so I went to an older TV and powered up, Kodi switched to a lower resolution and the option weren't greyed so I set it to 1090p 60 frames and HDMI instead of default monitor. Went back to the 4K TV and it went straight back to what's in the screen shots.

Something has changed as I was using libreelec at a lower resolution fine up to now. Is there a setting that I'm missing to stop it detecting the resolution and refresh rate???

• What does it say on the Graphics page, perhaps you can show a screenshot of that as well.

Also a kodi debug log file is welcome:

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Is this the info, if not can you point me where to find it please

Also http://ix.io/2ltx

As this is a recent thing could it be a bug in the latest version? Can I revert to an older build. I also tried swapping to an older slow HDMI cable but that didn't help, it just wants to see the 4K display with no refresh rate shown.

Edited once, last by richodredd (January 14, 2021 at 7:52 AM).