Posts by richodredd

Pi hut sell an WD Green M2 240GB SSD for this set up, I didn't need that much capacity so goa a 120GB, don't know if the Pi4 has a maximum capacity it can see. Haven't got around to the build jet. You will need to contact Argon they will send you a link to driver software for using the Argon with LibreElec. I think I'll be coming back to this thread soon!

I have an Intel NUC5PGYH with LE installed, no windows. I've just bought a Crucial 1TB external SSD to store Blu-ray stuff on my intention is to plug it into my PC to do the transfer then plug it into the NUC. reason being I have a Devolo powerline network that just isn't fast enough to transfer the media from my Synology NAS.

My question is as I will need to format the drive to NTFS to work with my windows PC, will this be seen by the NUC running only LE or will I need to reinstall windows and go back to Kodi?

I wanted to ask first as I don't want to brick the new drive.

Thanks.

Tried both soft and hard reset to no avail, what I have is this.

so I went to an older TV and powered up, Kodi switched to a lower resolution and the option weren't greyed so I set it to 1090p 60 frames and HDMI instead of default monitor. Went back to the 4K TV and it went straight back to what's in the screen shots.

Something has changed as I was using libreelec at a lower resolution fine up to now. Is there a setting that I'm missing to stop it detecting the resolution and refresh rate???

I accidently selected a resolution of 1080i instead of1080p whilst setting up on my new TV this had the effect of greying out monitor, resolution and refresh rate in settings. I couldn't get it back so decided to do a clean install the info box told me the drive would be wiped and I would lose all contents, so went ahead. Unfortunately those settings are still greyed out so simple question how do I do a "real" full clean install. I'm trying to install the latest version booting from a USB drive onto an (older) Intel NUC. just seems a clean install isn't. /shrug