Hifi Shield 2 Support (Odroid C2)

• Dear all,

is there a chance to get the Hifi Shield 2 (Odroid C2) working under LE?

It seems it is possible for Hifi Shield+ Odroid C2 + HiFi Shield+ but HifiShield 2 was not mentioned.

The specs are here accessory:sound:hifi_shield [ODROID Wiki]

It seems it requires the following kernel modules (see instructions at the page linked above):

Code
    modprobe aml_i2c
    modprobe snd-soc-pcm512x
    modprobe snd-soc-pcm512x-i2c
    echo pcm5242 0x4c > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-1/new_device
    modprobe snd-soc-odroid-dac2

Thanks and best.

• Not much chance of it being supported under the legacy kernel as AFAICT it was never supported and we've abandoned all work on the 3.14 codebase after LE 9.0 and diverted our attention to modern (5.10+) kernels which while promsing, are still a bit work in progress.

If you can point me to some more recent Linux 5.4-ish (or newer) device tree (overlay) snippets needed to make the shield work, I'd be happy to see if we can get it working on a newer kernel.

• Dear all,

CoreElec has implemented the Hifi Shield 2 per default (works for Odroid C2 + Hifi Shield 2 -> stereo as well as spdif work out of the box via Kodi). Thanks.

• For getting SPDIF output to work on recent LibreELEC (11.0), I had to modify the device tree file to actually enable it and make it visible to KODI (creating packages/linux/patches/default/linux-080-odroid-c2.patch):

That worked for me a couple of month ago with SPDIF, unfortunately fried the board, thus unable to test it again.