Odroid C2 + HiFi Shield+

• I kinda solved the problem this morning, even if it isn't persistent for the moment...

Code
    $ systemctl stop kodi

1) Check that libreELEC "finds" the sound card : simple speaker test :

Code
    $ speaker-test -D plughw:1,0 -c 2

(plughw:0,0 is the default sound card, plughw1,0 is the Odroid DAC)

If you hear noise coming from the 2 speakers linked with your DAC, OK.
    If not, the problem should still be in the modules that aren't loaded properly...

2) Make alsa load the module manually :

Code
    $ pactl load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:1,0
    $ systemctl start kodi

3) Choose the DAC in the Kodi audio settings :

This is only a temporary solution, but it works until reboot !

If somebody, could come up with a way to make it reliable, it'll be great :) :)

• can you try using SPDIF with that alsa device? just to make sure that that doesn't work.

Yes, it works. Kodi is using ALSA: Default (AML-M8AUDIO Analog) but sounds came from my A/V receiver linked to th C2 by optical.

But only in PCM and only on 2 channels. No options for passthrough in Kodi audio settings.

I have try EisenHeim steps.

I stop Kodi, I can play pink noise on FL and FR speakers, I load module in alsa using pactl command but when I start Kodi, I only have to choice on devices and not three (no PULSE: O-DROID DAC).

So using default alsa output is not good for me because my HTPC is set up to use HDMI output for Kodi and stereo track and optical output for passthrough.

I can't use my Odroid-C2 this way for the moment :(

Edited once, last by mikebzh44 (December 29, 2016 at 9:58 AM).

• I stop Kodi, I can play pink noise on FL and FR speakers, I load module in alsa using pactl command but when I start Kodi, I only have to choice on devices and not three (no PULSE: O-DROID DAC).

So using default alsa output is not good for me because my HTPC is set up to use HDMI output for Kodi and stereo track and optical output for passthrough.

I can't use my Odroid-C2 this way for the moment :(

I don't fully understand the behavior of all this, but if this commands return 17 or more, it's gonna show up in the Kodi sources.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # pactl load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:1,0

Sometimes, after the reboot, this command returns 16, and it doesn't work...

So what I do is re-launching the tests of the speakers.
    If when you launch this again you got this error :

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # speaker-test -D plughw:1,0 -c 2

speaker-test 1.1.2

Playback device is plughw:1,0
    Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 2 channels
    Using 16 octaves of pink noise
    Playback open error: -16,Device or resource busy

Just wait 5s and do it again. It'll go fine...

After that do the again the "# pactl load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:1,0" and after starting kodi, everything should be fine.

Hope it helps :)

• I'm also interested in getting the Hifi Shield Plus working. The link @Irusak provided doesn't work anymore. Is there perhaps some work ongoing to support this shield?
    EDIT: Sorry, I think this was my fault and the device already works. At least the headphones. I will check the toslink output later...

Edited once, last by beedaddy (February 15, 2017 at 3:29 PM).

• I'm also interested in getting the Hifi Shield Plus working. The link @Irusak provided doesn't work anymore. Is there perhaps some work ongoing to support this shield?
    EDIT: Sorry, I think this was my fault and the device already works. At least the headphones. I will check the toslink output later...

So the good news is that audio over optical out (toslink) works out of the box. The bad news is that I now have both, the toslink audio and the hdmi audio. There seems to be no setting to disable hdmi audio. Or am I doing something wrong?

• Do anybody knows if the latest version (8.0.0) supports the HiFi Shield ?
    I mean, are theses modules present in the release ?

Code
    snd-soc-pcm5102
    snd-soc-odroid-dac