LE Crashes loading library on a RPI 3

• Hello,

I'm running with libreelec since a while without any problems, but recently one of my devices is crashing.

Actually i run 1x Kodi on a Nvidia Shield (so standard kodi for Android Tv), + 1 x LibreElec on a Rapberry (9.2.6) + 1 x Kodi on Windows (standard Kodi). They all use the same library on my database (stored on a Synology Nas), they all are running on Leia Kodi.

So my issue is on the Raspberry one, at launching the system crashes when loading the library, so the sytem reboots, and after few restarts, the system is usable, but without anything in the library (so i can use the folders only). I tried to reinstall the system from a fresh install, and the issue is still there.

I suspect that the issue is that after some adds in the library, maybe there are too much thumbnails cache, or something like that, so i chekckd on the system the available space:

chambre:/flash # df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

devtmpfs 367.4M 4.0K 367.4M 0% /dev

/dev/mmcblk0p1 511.7M 140.6M 371.1M 27% /flash

/dev/loop0 127.5M 127.5M 0 100% /

/dev/mmcblk0p2 13.9G 28.3M 13.8G 0% /storage

tmpfs 373.9M 0 373.9M 0% /dev/shm

tmpfs 373.9M 8.0M 366.0M 2% /run

tmpfs 373.9M 0 373.9M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup

tmpfs 373.9M 2.6M 371.4M 1% /var

tmpfs 373.9M 0 373.9M 0% /tmp

Is it possible that the problem is due to this "loop0" file system which is at 100% ?

Remark: Thumbnails are also shared on the nas with a "pathsubstitution",

Thanks for your help.

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

btw, Kodi does not (and never has) supported shared thumbs via pathsubstition. It's unlikely to be the cause, but it does sometimes cause problems.

• Hello,

first of all thanks for helping me.

Database is MariaDb.

So after reproducing the issue this morning once (here is the kodi.log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    and the kodi_crash.log:
    External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ), so i changed the language / time zone as log date/time are not really correct, and retried to reproduce it, and after more than 20 tries, no more crash.

I'm almost sure that this was not the source of the error (probably a coincidation), but at least for the moment, no more issue which is the most important!