Wetek play 2 build

• I've not seen issues with stuttering and jumping in HEVC videos but the HEVC codec is unfinished so it's not impossible. I'd normally associate that kind of description with bad encodings or TV's without correct modelines (e.g. 24Hz not 23.976Hz, or perhaps 3:2 pulldown; 23.976Hz at 60Hz) where occasional corrections are required.

• Code
    wget https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.85.0.tar /storage/.update/
    reboot

^ That will update the box to current test code. I wouldn't expect any real-world improvements, but also no harm. There's no need to make new SD cards or back things up.

• Thanks again chewitt, doesn't look like it did anything, at least the md5 of the kernel and system in the tar files are different to the ones I see in /flash.

I ran this in $HOME (/storage), should I remount /flash in rw and put the tar file in there?

• chewitt, thanks so much for this image. I just flashed my Wetek play 2 with box image and it works fantastically well. also my Astrometa Usb DVB T2 works with Tvheadend aswell.

Please do I need to copy any latest box image to /storage/.update for future update?

Thanks

• Please do I need to copy any latest box image to /storage/.update for future update?

The LE11 nightly box image or the tar file from my share are fine for updates. I don't increment the version number on my share, but the file dateTime shows you when it was last updated. If it works; keep a copy so you can always revert to it.

• Hiya,

Can someone please confirm if Usb DVB T2 works on Wetek play 2 LE11. I am currently running LE10 box image by chewitt on my WP2 which works well with TVheadend. Am asking before I update and mess things up.

Thanks

• USB tuners should work, but there are never guarantees since DVB remains one of the more difficult and challenging parts of the kernel to work with. If possible run tuners on something separate so you can leave TVH on whatever combination of OS/drivers/firmware works best for you, while the playback device is on something that can just run the latest LE release.

The LE11 beta image should run better on WP2 than an older LE10 image. There's also the option to install/run from eMMC these days.

• chewitt, thanks so much for the advice, i think I will leave my WP2 LE10 image for now since its working well and serving the whole house (3 RPIE 4) with 3USB tuners/TVH. I have updated all my raspberry pie 4 to LE11.

• I was thinking you were wanting to add tuners to the install. If you already did that and the tuners work fine under LE10 (not sure what kernel but it's upstream) I would expect them to continue working fine under LE11.

• I am confused!

All I want is to run my Wetek Play-box with a new version of Libreelec (it is now working with 9.0.2). So I downloaded the Wetek-Play-2-version https://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-AMLG…ek-play2.img.gz, unpacked it and wrote it via dd to a fast SD-card. My Linux-computer shows two partitions with the first bootable. Inserted that card into the Wetek-box and the card is not recognized as bootable device, the box boots WeOS. tried all that with another card (128 and 64GB).

Now a read the wiki, but that article has instructions for installing to EMMC. Then I read this thread and now I don't understand: is this image meant for the Wetek-box to boot from SD-card like before? If no, must I clear the EMMC-storage? If yes, why is the box not recognizing the SD-card as bootable? Is the built-in tuner working with this image or not? What has he box-image to do with all that?

Spielmops

• Spielmops If the box has Android (WeOS) still installed then you must configure and boot with the "box" image. Once booted into the box image you can download the "wetek-play2" image to /storage and overwrite Android with emmctool to run LE from emmc if you like. I do suggest you try the image from an SD card first before overwriting Android as there are feature/function differences between the old vendor kernel imag and AMLGX and it won't meet everyone's requirements.