Wetek play 2 build

• LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80.9-wetek-play2.img.gz <= now boots u-boot 2021.01 from SD card .. the only weird thing is I need to configure Kodi audio fixed 44.1KHz output else there is no audio. The image needs vendor u-boot to be erased from emmc first (else it always boots from emmc). If anyone wants to experiment you should back-up emmc first so it can be restored later if you'd prefer.

• Is it correct that the new Matrix builds for Wetek Play 2 will not support the internal tuner?

Yes correct. There are out-of-tree but should be usable demod and tuner drivers, but a V4L2 demux driver (which binds everything together) needs to be written and so far nobody has stepped up to do the job. Availink (who create the demod) were thinking about it at one point, but they've been quiet since last summer so .. no idea.

• LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80.9-wetek-play2.img.gz <= now boots u-boot 2021.01 from SD card .. the only weird thing is I need to configure Kodi audio fixed 44.1KHz output else there is no audio. The image needs vendor u-boot to be erased from emmc first (else it always boots from emmc). If anyone wants to experiment you should back-up emmc first so it can be restored later if you'd prefer.

hi men

i have WP2 . after burn LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80.9-wetek-play2.img.gz in sd card is not booting libreelec

How to flash uboot.bin ? 

What is the method in detail

• belaid38 The "wetek-play2" image is structured for mainline u-boot so will only boot (mainline u-boot) from SD once you erase vendor u-boot from the internal emmc storage - if it's there the box *always* boots from it and vendor u-boot doesn't understand extlinux.conf. The "box" image should be compatible with devices with vendor u-boot installed on emmc.

• belaid38 The "wetek-play2" image is structured for mainline u-boot so will only boot (mainline u-boot) from SD once you erase vendor u-boot from the internal emmc storage - if it's there the box *always* boots from it and vendor u-boot doesn't understand extlinux.conf. The "box" image should be compatible with devices with vendor u-boot installed on emmc.

Can you explain to me backup uboot and install new uboot sd bin

• Boot an LE image. Connect a 16GB (or larger) USB stick, formatted EXT4. Run "dd if=/dev/device of=/var/mount/USB/backup.img bs=1m" to clone the contents of emmc to a file on the USB drive. The /dev/device will be something like /dev/mmcblk0 .. whatever the internal emmc is, and where USB is the disk label for the USB drive. You'll have to figure out what these are. Once the backup is complete (it will take time) .. "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/device bs=1m" will erase the emmc. Once emmc is erased (and vendor u-boot is gone) the WP2 will find mainline u-boot on the SD card and use it.

• Boot an LE image. Connect a 16GB (or larger) USB stick, formatted EXT4. Run "dd if=/dev/device of=/var/mount/USB/backup.img bs=1m" to clone the contents of emmc to a file on the USB drive. The /dev/device will be something like /dev/mmcblk0 .. whatever the internal emmc is, and where USB is the disk label for the USB drive. You'll have to figure out what these are. Once the backup is complete (it will take time) .. "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/device bs=1m" will erase the emmc. Once emmc is erased (and vendor u-boot is gone) the WP2 will find mainline u-boot on the SD card and use it.

in putty windows line dd if=/dev/device of=/var/mount/USB/backup.img bs=1m

dd: invalid number '1m'

• dd on macOS uses =1m, on Linux it's =1M .. I always forget. Note that /dev/device does not exist, you need to swap that for the /dev/mmcblk? device that corresponds to the emmc. If you're booted from one of my images the output of "emmctool" will tell you what the /dev/device is.

HI

dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/var/media/USB/backup.img bs=1M is work fine backup size 13.72 giga

##############################################

# LibreELEC #

# LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI #

##############################################

LibreELEC (official): 9.0.2 (WeTek_Play_2.arm)

LibreELEC:~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/device bs=1M

668+0 records in

667+0 records out

700002304 bytes (667.6MB) copied, 1.316201 seconds, 507.2MB/s

LibreELEC:~ #

Does it mean everything is fine?   

HOW DO I KNOW emmc is erased (and vendor u-boot is gone)

LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80.9-wetek-play2.img.gz

NOT BOOTED

Edited once, last by belaid38: Merged a post created by belaid38 into this post. (February 11, 2021 at 8:39 PM).

• If you remove all SD cards and USBs and attach the UART cable (which WeTek shipped with the box) you'll see the box fail to boot .. as there is no longer a bootloader. Now if you write the SD card using my wp2 image it should boot (from the SD card) and you'll see UART output. NB: I didn't test the WP2 for a few weeks (as moved back to RPi4 for a bit) but i'm not aware of anyhing that changed enough to break boot.

• If you remove all SD cards and USBs and attach the UART cable (which WeTek shipped with the box) you'll see the box fail to boot .. as there is no longer a bootloader. Now if you write the SD card using my wp2 image it should boot (from the SD card) and you'll see UART output. NB: I didn't test the WP2 for a few weeks (as moved back to RPi4 for a bit) but i'm not aware of anyhing that changed enough to break boot.

I thought I did, but the sound is not working

• belaid38 It sounds like the box booted from the SD card then? (install completed). You need to put settings into expert mode and set the PCM audio output to "fixed" with 41KHz bitrate. I haven't figured out why this is required on WP2 yet. It is not needed on GXL and newer devices or an Odroid C2 (also a GXBB device) .. definitely something odd.