How can I add a config to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/

• I can't figure out how to add a custom config to

/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/

I am trying to add 40-libinput.conf to this folder but don't have permission? :(

I gave myself root access via Samba, but it didn't help.

• Not possible out of the box.

Create:

Code: /storage/.config/system.d/xorg.service.d/exec_start.conf
    [Service]
    ExecStart=
    ExecStart=/usr/bin/xorg-launch -nolisten tcp vt01 $XORG_DEBUG -configdir /storage/.config/xorg.conf.d

Reboot and use /storage/.config/xorg.conf.d instead.

• ok, I created the folder and believe it is being used, because as I keep trying different .conf trying to get my SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad tap-to-click working, some of them just kill off the mouse pointer completely. It's probably due to a bug from a long outdated build.

• OK, so I'm revisiting this some time later.... when you create /storage/.config/xorg.conf.d I assume you also need to copy what's in the read-only files system there too? Or is it read in addition to the existing directory?

• So I'm trying to disable the touchpad by updating : /storage/.config/xorg.conf.d/70-libinput.conf

And setting the Tapping option to off thusly:

Code
    Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "libinput touchpad catchall"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"        
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"        
        Driver "libinput"        
        Option "Tapping" "off"
    EndSection

This doesn't seem to do the trick (have rebooted as well obviously).

Any ideas?

• Any ideas?

You either need to implement support for /storage/.config/xorg.conf.d/ mapping to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d .. or (easier) patch the files that we get from xf86-input-libinput package with a custom image or (easiest) overwrite them with a file in projects/Generic/filesystem/use/share/X11/xorg.conf.d with whatever you like. All of the above require a custom image.

• As said check /var/log/Xorg.0.log. E.g. if the configuration is accepted and how the touchpad is configured

It appears that the touchpad is configured as a MS Nano Transciever Mouse:

KODI-FR:/var/log # cat Xorg.0.log | grep mouse

[ 5.250] (==) intel(0): Silken mouse enabled

[ 5.513] (--) evdev: flirc.tv flirc Consumer Control: Found 1 mouse buttons

[ 5.513] (II) evdev: flirc.tv flirc Consumer Control: Configuring as mouse

[ 5.575] (--) evdev: Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 Mouse: Found 9 mouse buttons

[ 5.575] (II) evdev: Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 Mouse: Configuring as mouse

[ 5.577] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 Mouse (/dev/input/mouse0)

[ 5.578] (II) evdev: Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 Consumer Control: Configuring as mouse

[ 5.580] (--) evdev: Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 Consumer Control: Found 1 mouse buttons

[ 5.580] (II) evdev: Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 Consumer Control: Configuring as mouse

[ 5.582] (II) evdev: Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 System Control: Configuring as mouse

Any ideas on disabling touchpad click , or is the suggestion chewitt made of custom image the only real option?