Posts by scaesare

Cool.. used that method to grab the EDID with the AVR, and it now works even with the projector connected. Thanks.

One thing I notices (and I didn't describe in my initial post as it wasn't a factor regardless of connection state), is that a monitor that attaches to the second video port (DisplayPort alongside the HDMI) running in mirror mode seems to now overscan a bit.

I suspect it may be possible to grab the EDID data with the DisplayPort monitor attached/detected and make that work... or if not, grab the EDID's from each attached separately and merge them...

Got a chance to try dumping the EDID stuff. Sure enough, whenever just the AVR is the only device plugged in to the splitter, I see the various multi-channel audio capabilities it has in the audio data block of the EDID data.

When the projector is also plugged in to the splitter, the AVR data goes away and just the 2 audio channels of the projector are in the Audio Data Block. Swapping output ports on the splitter makes no difference.

So, this begs the question: is there any way to manually specify what/where to send the audio data.

Failing that, any recommendation for a better behaving HDMI splitter + analog audio extractor?

EDID dumps attached

Thanks.

So, searching, I've not found anything that already addresses this.

I have the X64 flavor of LibreELEC (10.0.0.3 Matrix) running on a Chromebox. This is connected to an HDMI splitter (and audio extractor), in turn feeding an AVR and projector.

Whichever device that is plugged in the "first" HDMI output port of the splitter is what is detected in the System/Settings as the audio device.. I currently have my AVR plugged in to that port, so that's what's reported as HDMI0: "AVR"

What's odd is that if the projector (on the second port, not detected by LibreELEC), I get no sound from the AVR connected via HDMI. If I power the projector off... I get audio.

Swapping ports (and the projector thus being detected on HDMI0) likewise renders no sound routed to the AVR, as I would have expected. in both cases I get video on both output ports.

So... any thoughts as to why even thought the AVR is what is being detected, the mere presence of the projector on the other (non-detected) port screws this up? The projector actually does have audio capabilty (RCA jacks), so my guess is that for some reason audio is being routed there regardless...

The previous 2 devices connected to the same splitter (both Windows PC's) had no such issue, so I know the devices are capable of it....

Thanks.

As said check /var/log/Xorg.0.log. E.g. if the configuration is accepted and how the touchpad is configured

It appears that the touchpad is configured as a MS Nano Transciever Mouse:

KODI-FR:/var/log # cat Xorg.0.log | grep mouse

[ 5.250] (==) intel(0): Silken mouse enabled

[ 5.513] (--) evdev: flirc.tv flirc Consumer Control: Found 1 mouse buttons

[ 5.513] (II) evdev: flirc.tv flirc Consumer Control: Configuring as mouse

[ 5.575] (--) evdev: Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 Mouse: Found 9 mouse buttons

[ 5.575] (II) evdev: Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 Mouse: Configuring as mouse

[ 5.577] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 Mouse (/dev/input/mouse0)

[ 5.578] (II) evdev: Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 Consumer Control: Configuring as mouse

[ 5.580] (--) evdev: Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 Consumer Control: Found 1 mouse buttons

[ 5.580] (II) evdev: Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 Consumer Control: Configuring as mouse

[ 5.582] (II) evdev: Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 System Control: Configuring as mouse

Any ideas on disabling touchpad click , or is the suggestion chewitt made of custom image the only real option?

So I'm trying to disable the touchpad by updating : /storage/.config/xorg.conf.d/70-libinput.conf

And setting the Tapping option to off thusly:

Code
    Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "libinput touchpad catchall"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"        
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"        
        Driver "libinput"        
        Option "Tapping" "off"
    EndSection

This doesn't seem to do the trick (have rebooted as well obviously).

Any ideas?

Display Spoiler

That doesn't matter. We don't want any of the banned add-on crap here or at the Kodi forum. Period.

Yup fair enough.

Yeah, as if nowadays lots of people are seeing and using the Internet for the first time... Most of the folks are too lazy to inform themselves of forum rules whenever they register at a forum, even when they are made aware of forum rules. That is my experience as a Kodi forum moderator. It's like installing a new Windows program: "Next, Next, Next, Finished!". Most folks assume everything is allowed and all is honky-dory.

Uh no, we can discuss how long we've been using the Internet, if you'd kike.

Rather, like I said, earlier, the Forum Rules refer to the page I quoted earlier, which isn't exactly consistent or clear when it states: "The basic rule of thumb for what is not allowed, is that if the Add-on is offering something for free that you would normally expect to pay for by any other means, then it'll most likely be using pirate feeds.", yet the add-in in question doesn't meet the criteria.

I'll end my rant here. I think you'll get the meaning.

Cool.

As an aside, as per suggestion from Da Flex above, I'll try and get a snapshot of RAM usage at the time next time it manifest's itself again.

Probably..? People seem to define what is "free" very loosely, whenever banned add-ons are installed. To be clear: you can install whatever you want on your Kodi setup, but don't expect support here whenever a repo/add-on, wizard or kodi-fork with questionable content comes into play. Not to mention that such 3rd party crap is capable of seriously hindering Kodi core functionality.

For years now, Kodi has tried to shake off the accusations of being an illegal piece of software. The good side of our reputation gets damaged every time people are advocating and promoting the use of the such add-ons via Youtube tutorials and web pages.

Playing the innocent party, when you have one of the biggest and most prolific repository of banned add-ons installed, is not really convincing.

Display Spoiler

Well, the reason I said I'd "probably" uninstall is because, as I mentioned, I was not even aware of the concept of banned add-ins until I got the response in this thread, and my initial reading of the Banned Add-ins page, doesn't make it clear if the issue was the use or the discussion of such on a forum:

"This is an example list of repositories and add-ons that have been identified as violating the Kodi Official:Forum rules. This means they have been banned from any official Kodi forums, websites, IRC channels and any social media accounts that are under the control of Team Kodi or the XBMC Foundation."

What's more, that page goes on to state:

"The basic rule of thumb for what is not allowed, is that if the Add-on is offering something for free that you would normally expect to pay for by any other means, then it'll most likely be using pirate feeds."

So, given that (as can be seen in my log dump), the ONLY add-in I had installed from that repo was "Browser Launcher", it would seem my actions don't meet the criteria for being banned.

Hence, my needing to digest the whole thing and stating I'd "probably" uninstall it, as apparently the issue may be even there mere existence of the repo in your installation, not if you are actually using a plugin that violates any terms of service or attempts to pirate content, which is... weird.

What's more, the Kodi Forum rules state:

"2.5 Piracy Policy

Kodi's Official Piracy Policy

All discussions dealing directly with or linking to add-ons, websites, or services that violate US copyright laws ("pirated content") will be closed when a forum moderator has been made aware of them. The original poster or add-on creator may provide a link to a website not hosted by Kodi for further discussion and inquiries.

Discussions for add-ons that link directly to pirated content and enables the user to access that content through the add-on will be shut down.

All links to pirated content will be removed. Requests on where to obtain pirated content will also removed.

"Pirated content" add-ons, websites, and services typically do not include the following (to be determined on a case-by-case basis if necessary):

A. The add-on does not actually perform the act of accessing pirated content ("mistaken identity") [For example, Sickbeard, which performs no actual downloading or streaming.]

B. The add-on has the potential to access pirated content, but is potentially useful for downloading legal content as well. [For example, an add-on that downloads torrents is not, itself, a problem, since a torrent can cover a wide variety content, including legally distributed videos.]

C. The add-on links/accesses content in a similar way to a normal web browser. This is done under the assumption that if the content owner did not want the content streamed, the owner should have not made the content available to be streamed in their site. [For example, the Bluecop Repository.]

D. The add-on accesses content with permission of the content owner, the content is "copyleft", or the add-on accesses content without the clear disapproval of the content owner. Kodi will do its best to comply with DMCA-related takedown requests.

Thread originators or add-on developers may petition Forum Moderators to re-open a thread that was closed if he or she believes one of the above exceptions applies.

Fair use exceptions apply for issues such as small video samples for testing and debugging, fanart and related artwork, video and audio summaries, subtitles, etc.

These rules apply only to the http://XBMC.org/Kodi.tv websites. At no point will any user be prevented from using Kodi as they so choose, nor will they be prevented from adding additional add-ons from any source they choose to use."

So the repo itself does not access pirated content. The sole add it from that repo I installed also does not access pirated content. So it's not immediately obvious to me that my actions violated anything...

As for "Playing the innocent party", see above... the sole add-on from that repo is an add-on that attempts to launch a browser from a library item containing a URL. Is that considered violation-type behavior, or are assumptions being made?

All that having been said, I appreciate being directed to docs outlining the issues with certain content in some repos. However, the accusations aren't supported by the evidence in the logs... feel free to assume good faith and innocent until proven guilty. Most of us folks new to a product/forum aren't aware of all the nuances right off the bat.

So, does anybody want to comment on the thread topic, which is the info in the logfile as requested when text disappears, a situation that manifested with a default install with only the Chrome add-in installed from the LibreElec repo?

Thanks.

For the record .. on LE 9.2.6 on Intel HW we are still rendering via Xorg which means GL not GLES surface (GLES will be in the future once we dump Xorg) but crap add-ons are still crap add-ons :)

Yup, I'm definitely getting the message on the add-ons, thanks. :|

I assume GLES has a number of benefits (hence moving to it), is your feeling this text rendering problem may be one of them?

Code
    2021-07-16 17:34:07.514 T:140283718789248  NOTICE: ADDON: bs.crap.addon v0.7.04 installed

Stop, using banned add-ons. We don't support such systems, and it could be the cause of your issue, too.

Case closed.

I feel like I touched nerve here. I had no idea there were "banned' add-ins, until I Googled it after your response and found this page. I'll probably uninstall it if it's problematic as I only did so for a player that streams free web content anyway. So thanks for the heads up, I don't want to run afoul of any forum rules.

However, the disappearing text issue appeared prior to that. The first time it occurred was a week or two after my initial fresh install. At the time the only add-in addition to the defaults was Chrome from the LibreElec repo.

Thanks for the reply.

This looks interesting, it would have been generated right at the time I had finished playing a video and returend back to the main interface:

Code
    2021-07-16 18:55:48.811 T:140283718789248   ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't